Working Out

masta247

Staff member
I have a dilemma because I have to start going to the gym again (this semester and the next because it's mandatory at my university) so I can already use the nicest gym here for free but it pisses me off that I'd have to pay for everything extra - since it's a classy gym even creating an individual plan costs a lot. Now I have a dilemma what to really do after a long pause from the gym (it would be almost 2 years now). I don't have a lot of fat but I have some covering my belly so I don't know if I should drop that first or if I could start with an overall training and then when my form improves I could start with strength or endurance. If I should care about a specific plan now or not yet?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Follow a beginner's bodybuilding plan with a 3 day split. When you build muscle your body naturally burns stubborn fat, the more muscle mass you have the easier it is to burn fat doing cardio later.

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
lol always knew you had epilepsy

edit: I did a lil research, because I don't know much about it.. Correct me if I'm wrong..
Basically you follow a low carb diet. Eat fat and protein on the days where you don't work out, because after workouts, you need to consume strictly just protein. No fat or carbs. ?
Then over the weekend or your time off from gym/cardio you feed your body carbs..?

Congrats on loosing 10kgs by the way. Wish I could put on 10 kgs

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
lol always knew you had epilepsy

edit: I did a lil research, because I don't know much about it.. Correct me if I'm wrong..
Basically you follow a low carb diet. Eat fat and protein on the days where you don't work out, because after workouts, you need to consume strictly just protein. No fat or carbs. ?
Then over the weekend or your time off from gym/cardio you feed your body carbs..?

Congrats on loosing 10kgs by the way. Wish I could put on 10 kgs
I pretty much eat no carbs, just fats and protein. I dont really stress when I eat what, just high protein after working out. Your body ends up using fat for fuel instead of insulin.

I eat a lot of meat, whipped cream, sour cream, cheese, green veggies, stuff like that.

I dont do the carb ups on the weekend because they made me feel like shit and I dont really run out of energy. People carb up if they miss their sugars too much or run low on energy but I seem to be doing fine.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.