Do you want to make your hotmail account 250mbs?

Dave D

Many of you can probably remember that a few months ago Microsoft promised all of its hotmail users 250mb accounts, but Microsoft being Microsoft that pretty much hasnt happend for anyone living outside the US. Thats where I come in ;) .. I have figured out how to do it and it works like a charm. All you have to do is follow my 8 step guide and VOILA!

1. Log into your Hotmail account.

2. Click Options (on the right)> Click Personal(on the left)> Click My Profile.

3. Change your country to the United States and pick Florida as a state and for the postcode use 33332.

4. Save and then got to http://memberservices.passport.net/memberservice.srf?lc 43

5. Click Close my .NET Passport account. After that click contact Hotmail and the Close my Hotmail account.

6. Close Internet explorer and MSN if you have that open.

7. Now log onto Hotmail.com again and click activate my account.(dont worry all your emails should still be there, but back them up just incase)

8. Now go through all the registration process again. When that is finished go to your inbox and it should be 25mbs and it will be upgraded to 250mbs in the next few days.

Like I always say, when Microsoft makes a product that doesnt suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner. Enjoy ;)

"*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion."

I got mine upgraded, and I'm not a Yank. I thought it was based on how long you'd had the account.

Dave D

I know alot of people have gmail accounts which are 1gb, but this is for people like me who have had the same hotmail accounts for years and dont really wanna change.

so no GET GMAIL replys please.

Dave D

Am I the only one in the world who didnt get a 250mb account without cheating?
Like I said, the day that Microsoft makes a product that doesnt suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Salar

The One, The Only
mine's been upgraded automatically so has my dad's and my other hotmail. I'm in aus. No need to change all the details. And yes i think it is based on how long you've had your account.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.