Non-Urban Music Marilyn Manson

Casey

Staff member
I love Marilyn Manson. Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood are 2 of my favorite albums. Also I love his earlier stuff that was produced by Trent Reznor as I'm a big Nine Inch Nails fan as well. Anyone see Marilyn in the video for "Starfuckers Inc" by NIN?

Rock Is Dead, I Don't Like The Drugs (But the drugs like me), The Fight Song, The Nobodies (original and acoustic versions), The Dope Show, The Beautiful People, and his cover of Tainted Love are probably my favorites.

Militant said:
Rock Is Dead, I Don't Like The Drugs (But the drugs like me), The Fight Song, The Nobodies (original and acoustic versions), The Dope Show, The Beautiful People, and his cover of Tainted Love are probably my favorites.
Rock Is Dead, I Don't Like The Drugs and Tainted Love are songs I like best by him.

Shot 21

I hope the freak dies. I hate him so much I would love to stick a pen in his fucking eyes!

Although I like Tainted Love and The Beautiful People. And the remix of The Way I Am with Eminem he did was cool.

But still, Die Marylin Die.................

Casey

Staff member
Shot 21 said:
I hope the freak dies. I hate him so much I would love to stick a pen in his fucking eyes!

Although I like Tainted Love and The Beautiful People. And the remix of The Way I Am with Eminem he did was cool.

But still, Die Marylin Die.................
Damn, what's with the hate. What did he ever do to you. Marilyn Manson ROCKS! Listen to Antichrist Superstar as well people. Fuckin dope conceptual album.

Cown

I don't like his music - Not my style, but I respect him as a person and as an artist, actually I think that he is a very intelligent idividual, I've seen some interviews with him in the past and I gotta say the dude is very fucken smart.

Shot 21

Militant said:
Damn, what's with the hate. What did he ever do to you. Marilyn Manson ROCKS! Listen to Antichrist Superstar as well people. Fuckin dope conceptual album.
Nothing personally but I just hate him. The whole I-hate-God-I-grow-tits-and-suck-my-own-dick-now-gimme-attention thing really winds me up. I aint downtalking his fans though. I can respect your taste in music.

But still, Die Marylin Die........

_carmi

me, myself & us
seriously whats with the hate? i mean he is a freak but thats what made him so interesting. lol its funny at how he was a christian kid before and turned out to be the freak he is now.

i like his songs. its not the usual music i listen to, but i do like some of his songs.

*starts singing I dont like the drugs but the drugs like meeeee*

Casey

Staff member
Shot 21 said:
Nothing personally but I just hate him. The whole I-hate-God-I-grow-tits-and-suck-my-own-dick-now-gimme-attention thing really winds me up. I aint downtalking his fans though. I can respect your taste in music.

But still, Die Marylin Die........
Nothing wrong with hating God. Dunno what you mean about the tits thing. And the whole rib thing is not true, the same rumor circulated about Prince and a whole host of other people, not true for any of them. I don't understand why you dislike the guy, he hasn't done anything to you.

_carmi said:
*starts singing I dont like the drugs but the drugs like meeeee*
*continues singing...."I Don't like the drugs ,the drugs, the druuuuuugs....."*

Jokerman

All right, Marilyn, we get it already. We are reality, we are a reflection of how sick society has become, we are your children, blah, blah, blah.

My problem with the music is the plodding, unimaginative riffs that break each tired track's back. The band's caustic, over-the-top industrial blast, wholly without ideas, wears thin fast. The predictably dramatic industrial vox and electronic drumming (not to mention those irritating tom tom beats) are enough to grind enjoyment to a mucked-up halt. But it's the underlying song structure that's usually the lamest act. Manson's thoughts are barely formed, his convictions are as permanent as the lifespan of flies.

He’s a bent, self-mutilating, mixed-up guy who outside of what he does to himself visually, is miserably uninteresting. He relies on shock factor (including the band's drug clown looks), to carry the tune. Sum total: bad theater wholly without purpose.

And slow, did I mention slow?

Casey

Staff member
Jokerman said:
All right, Marilyn, we get it already. We are reality, we are a reflection of how sick society has become, we are your children, blah, blah, blah.

My problem with the music is the plodding, unimaginative riffs that break each tired track's back. The band's caustic, over-the-top industrial blast, wholly without ideas, wears thin fast. The predictably dramatic industrial vox and electronic drumming (not to mention those irritating tom tom beats) are enough to grind enjoyment to a mucked-up halt. But it's the underlying song structure that's usually the lamest act. Manson's thoughts are barely formed, his convictions are as permanent as the lifespan of flies.

He’s a bent, self-mutilating, mixed-up guy who outside of what he does to himself visually, is miserably uninteresting. He relies on shock factor (including the band's drug clown looks), to carry the tune. Sum total: bad theater wholly without purpose.

And slow, did I mention slow?

Bullshit. Listen to his first few albums produced by Trent Reznor. Classic industrial rock right there.

i like manson, i didn't really get into him until antichrist superstar but to me the guy is a genious, he knew from the outset that controversy sells and he was about as controversial as they come...i think my fave song would be the one from the howard stern movie soundtrack "the suck for your solution" but he has many others that i like too, i just had to make my wife a manson mix about 2 months ago, now i want to drag it out and listen

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.