Technology Red Dead Redemption

masta247

Staff member
Just Cause 2 is nice but then gets very boring after a few hours. At least for me. There are some super-silly things there and actually the gameplay is rather boring.

masta247

Staff member
I think it wasn't that good. Maybe because I dislike silly western-style shooters.
As a game overall I'd say it'll appeal to masses :p

^^really? do you mean the storyline is boring or the whole game. i thought there was an awful lot to do outside the storyline?
It's hard to explain it but Just Cause 2 gets terribly boring after a dozen of missions or so.
It got boring for me at a similar point as for my friends who also played that game. I wasn't strong enough to finish it though as I usually leave boring games behind.
Probably the most demotivating thing is collecting all of these silly weapon parts, armor parts and a few other types of collectible items and there are LITERALLY thousands of each scattered around the map. And most of the map is boring as hell just consisting of a road and trees. Then for example collecting 20 armor parts boosts your max hp by 1% or so which doesn't even make a difference for you. And locating collecting these 20 armor parts takes like an hour or so.
Then there are hundreds of bases, objects etc that you have to take over and it gets boring after taking over like 5 of them. The though that there are a few hundred more is uber frustrating. If it wasn't for these things that I guess were made to force shitloads more gameplay time this game wouldn't be that bad. But it's VERY simple - just killing, driving and destroying things as well as collecting things. The problem is that there's WAAAY to many of these things which makes the game utterly boring.
The nicest thing about this game is just roaming around probably as travelling is very nice. That hook the main character owns is extremely cool.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I bought the game today. Fry's has a special for $49.99 with in-store pick-up so I couldn't pass that up. Now I have to write a bunch of papers, study for two finals, prepare for a presentation, and do homework assignments for five days while the game is just sitting here. ARGH

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I didn't think I'd be interested in this game but I rented it and then bought it. Great game; I get so distracted I've only done about 6-7 missions.

keco52

Staff member
Wait...is this similar to Red Dead Revolver? I loved that game. I'm so behind on games :( I hate being a grown up.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
yeh its by the same people. its like a squeal of sorts, no over lapping story but some of the elements are there from the last one. i would be pretty positive in saying if you liked that you will love this.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.