The "Funny" Pictures Thread

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
David Thorne is a very funny guy. I neever know how much of it is true though. His site is very good. I will have to visit it again. Haven't been on for over a year.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
what pisses me off more about tipping situations is how shady most servers are. I was at this relatively expensive Italian restaurant a few days ago for a post-wedding-ceremony dinner and there were 7 of us. Meals were like 40 a person. She ended up charging us for 6. I'm thinking, "Wow, sweet, we saved money, someone is stupid". NO. When the server brings us the check, she tells us "Just so you know, I only charged for 6 people, not 7" AKA "PAY ME FOR THE 7TH PERSON IN TIPS AS OPPOSED THIS RESTAURANT".

I guess it's common practice. On the one hand, I don't mind a server getting the money instead of the company. It's kind of a "FUCK YOU" to the corporations. But as a matter of principle, FUCK THAT WHORE I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
What's she gonna do if you leave the appropriate amount of tip instead of her "new, inflated" one?

I would have given her a 5% tip, left the restaurant, turned the corner, and called and told the manager what she did.

I am a troll.

masta247

Staff member
I rarely tip servers who give that impression of waiting to get it. Unless they're willing to make it worthwhile or pose potential threat to my future meals there :)
I tip servers that make a good impression, when the food is good or when I like a particular place.
At my ex-favorite restaurant I used to get meals that all other customers were jealous of after tipping every time I used to eat there. That made me tip even more, obviously but it was very much worth it.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
^^ That was an awesome episode. If you watched the whole episode, you learned how the girl really was and I thought she was adorable.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^is that the Louis CK show "Louie" or something? I'm a big fan of his stand up, but never checked the show on FX.

I just watched Doug Stanhope's No Refunds and laughed my ass off.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.