This is my thread

masta247

Staff member
I see. The more expensive mods still seem intimidating to me. But they certainly hit better from the ones I saw in the store and tried out.

I occasionally get a burnt taste randomly but the flavor quickly comes back after a 5 min break. Maybe I'm pulling too hard and the coil can't soak up juice fast enough?

I was just worried coils on the eGo would last less than a few days. I've been told coil life on any set up is hugely variable from a few weeks to almost a daily change. I can imagine spending $10 for 5 and blowing through it in a week or less. This becomes more expensive than cigs.
The burnt taste is called a "dry hit". It indeed means the coil didn't soak up the juice on time. It happened on the eGo much more often than it does on my mod, and it just means you have to take breaks. Sometimes I would move it around, hold it upside down for a moment etc. Part of the problem is that the coil is on top and relies on pressure to move the liquid around. Most mods have the coil at the bottom and the liquid gets inside easily.. gravity helps a lot!

Surely I didn't go through several coils on a weekly basis, and I can't imagine having to under any
circumstances. It was something I did every couple of weeks, and by the time I would change one I thought I could still vape it, except the quality wasn't there and I wanted that fresh coil feel again.

The mods are quite simple, really, they're just bigger, but also better quality, more durable, coils last longer, you can adjust the power easily etc. The coil cost for me is maybe 2-3$ per month.

Last edited:

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Man on my little pockex thing or whatever the fuck it's called you never need to change the coil. Ive been using the same one for like 5 months.
lol that's not good, especially since they sell replacement coils so they're meant to be changed. Even if you don't smoke that much, I imagine you'd still need to change it out every 2 months because the juice gunks up the innards.

The burnt taste is called a "dry hit". It indeed means the coil didn't soak up the juice on time. It happened on the eGo much more often than it does on my mod, and it just means you have to take breaks. Sometimes I would move it around, hold it upside down for a moment etc. Part of the problem is that the coil is on top and relies on pressure to move the liquid around. Most mods have the coil at the bottom and the liquid gets inside easily.. gravity helps a lot!

Surely I didn't go through several coils on a weekly basis, and I can't imagine having to under any
circumstances. It was something I did every couple of weeks, and by the time I would change one I thought I could still vape it, except the quality wasn't there and I wanted that fresh coil feel again.

The mods are quite simple, really, they're just bigger, but also better quality, more durable, coils last longer, you can adjust the power easily etc. The coil cost for me is maybe 2-3$ per month.

Yeah I always say the next step up looks complicated and not worth the hassle, but I get to it eventually. I still need something that can be covered by my hand and be discrete and those big boxes don't quite fit the bill. Maybe eventually.

I don't vape for fun since I've been trying to quit cigs. And I haven't had tobacco since Feb 2015, save for a black and mild, so it's been working well for me. It seems many younger folks pick up vaping instead of tobacco instead of trying to quit tobacco to begin with. So many people treat it like a new hobby instead of a smoking cessation aid. So when it's a hobby, you get flavors like "milk and honey" which is just ridiculous. It's nice but it sounds like a shisha flavor and something that would encourage smoking, not stop it.

To be fair, the guy sold me on a 60ml bottle of Red's Apple Juice flavored juice with mentholated berry hints. lol I told him no fruity flavors and instead wanted a menthol hit, not even just simply "mint' flavor. And he gave me this. But it's good. It's also 6 mg of nicotine compared to the 24 mg I used so far, so it's definitely weaker. But fruity flavors aren't too bad; I just don't want to smell like it afterwards. A minty, menthol flavor is easier to pin in having just chewed gum. But smelling like a Bath and Body Works candle is a tougher sell lol

ARon

I have a coworker who is obsessed with his dachshund puppy as he should be, little dogs of little breeds are cute as fuck. He's like trying to train it all proper and gives it this special food and monthly shots, he even has dog health insurance. He's trying to make the perfect dog for the wesminster dog show or whatever. Anyway he pronounces dachshund wrong and it's hilarious to me

dilla

People who smoke vapes are even annoying on the internet, geez
lol I should make a separate thread for vaping since it's not so niche among the members on SH. You're kind of a loser if you aren't doing it.

Also, my dad thinks I'm retarded and inattentive at the clinic. So I got put on Ritalin today.

Not sure if sharing that on here is gonna bite me in the scrote, but, there's that.

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
lol I should make a separate thread for vaping since it's not so niche among the members on SH. You're kind of a loser if you aren't doing it.

Also, my dad thinks I'm retarded and inattentive at the clinic. So I got put on Ritalin today.

Not sure if sharing that on here is gonna bite me in the scrote, but, there's that.
Haha, to me it was purely about health, as I've been smoking since I was 14 or 15. I haven't touched a cigarette since I switched. Now I enjoy vaping, but I try to limit it in public, or at least I don't do it around other people while out. I still try to stick to smoking areas.

I mostly vape at home though.

dilla

Haha, to me it was purely about health, as I've been smoking since I was 14 or 15. I haven't touched a cigarette since I switched. Now I enjoy vaping, but I try to limit it in public, or at least I don't do it around other people while out. I still try to stick to smoking areas.

I mostly vape at home though.

Yeah, for me it's about keeping busy while studying or reading something. The occasional gaming session, vaping is entertaining.

I haven't gotten drunk in years but I know drinking made me crave cigarettes like no other and I haven't seen whether vaping scratches the itch for the throat hit of a cigarette, or not.

dilla

About ten years ago, there was this no name rapper that sounded a lot like Pac. I can’t remember his name but he had a song that had the lyrics “witness the realest”

You guys know who I’m talking about?

ARon

Sitting around a fire last night having some drinks and a friend dropped this bomb on me. He went to Catholic school growing up, he said it attributed to him not having the best education. He grew up thinking Abe Lincoln was black and that's why the penny is the only dark coin. And he only found out he wasn't when Obama became the first black president

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
I once posted on his wall and he used to send me his stuff on Myspace back in the day. I actually liked some of his stuff. I think he sounds like Pac because he apparently auditioned to be a Pac dupe back when Pac was still alive, so he worked hard to sound the same too.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.