This is my thread

Preach

Da_Funk

Got an update for us?

Everyone said Mother's Day was going to be tough, but it wasn't as bad as I was assuming it was going to be. My dad, sis, and I went out to eat at Nando's (lol) and roamed around the mall my mom used to frequent on the weekends. Did some small shopping and that was it. We teared up a few times talking about her but overall we were not moping about and staying indoors doing nothing.

Gave me a new layer of perspective of when you go out and see people. Plenty of folks were out, probably with out their mothers. Or children. For different reasons. And there were probably plenty of mothers out there dealing with sadness or a "different" mother's day than years past. It only hit me when I made a remark amongst us three if people were subsconsciously noticing we weren't with a mom. Then I realized that some people there were alive and well but it was still a somber day despite "being a mom."

My mom's sisters reached out to us and gave some warm, heartfelt messages. It must still be weighing on them to think of us on mother's day.

This wasn't the first mother's day we didn't celebrate, funny enough. Last year my mom had a CVA event for just a few seconds but we took her to the hospital anyway and she spent 3-5 days getting work ups done. She was clear and certainly not "sickly" but the day was ruined waiting in the hospital. Who knew it would be our last together.

On a more positive note, hope you guys did something fun.
I've been back to Canada twice to see him.

The first time was in Jan and he was in rough shape. Had just gone through two surgeries and started chemo.

Went back in April and he was looking a lot healthier.. has put on a good 20lbs since Jan. There are a lot of bad days and some good ones is all I can say.

We are both terrible communicators. I'm going to see a therapist tomorrow to start working on that.

Chin up bro. My thoughts are with you.

I would never fly in a Boeing jet. Airbus all the way.
Statistically, despite the climate change, flying Boeing is still safer than living with a middle aged white male during the pandemic. So they tell me.

Nah, I suck dick at life.
You're still alive aincha? My imaginary grandma used to say - be the best, if you suck dick, be the best damn dick sucker in the world.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Someone was busy... 1 click and poof. All gone

View attachment 763
These bot accounts are a real issue on the internet now. I'm surprised they spend time on a niche forum like this but Twitter, Facebook, and even Reddit now have these sock accounts that post some strange things. Or atroturf, especially on political and world news related topics, trying to sway public opinion.

Not sure what this guy is trying to promote, though.

These bot accounts are a real issue on the internet now. I'm surprised they spend time on a niche forum like this but Twitter, Facebook, and even Reddit now have these sock accounts that post some strange things. Or atroturf, especially on political and world news related topics, trying to sway public opinion.

Not sure what this guy is trying to promote, though.
It wasn't me. Slim Shady said to do it again! No really, I don't spam (like this). I thought it was a trap!

Spam is mostly harmless. Wait until they throw us a bunch of UFO and Alien psy-op for one reason or another and nothing ever happens and everybody is just numbed about our alleged intelligent guests from far away. The real nasty one could be the convicted felon being given the presidency to further stir the melting shitpot.

Above ground plants were getting boring. So I got a fish tank (3 actualy) for some aquascaping. Got fish and shrimp for movement. I feel like it's one of the best things I've done recently. I can look into them for minutes!!

Funeral home discovers hospice patient was still alive hours after being declared dead

It's not clear how often incidents such as Monday's happen, but at least two similar ones have been reported at funeral homes in New York and Iowa in the past 18 months.

-

If the doctor says dead, ask for a second opinion. This is why I choose cremation.

Not even sure what to say lol
Growing things is wonderful. Plants have faster feedback compared other living things. It's therapy. Who knows, it might even lead to better health and diet.

The system is so focused on growing internet and charging stations. I just think people having their own little garden is better and the system knows it. ts'all

Growing things is wonderful. Plants have faster feedback compared other living things. It's therapy. Who knows, it might even lead to better health and diet.

The system is so focused on growing internet and charging stations. I just think people having their own little garden is better and the system knows it. ts'all
I know lots of people who grow their own fruit and veg tastes so much better

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I know lots of people who grow their own fruit and veg tastes so much better

I'm ignorant as shit. I feel dumb asking, as someone who tried growing random herbs and veggies, and failed.

Between buying the seeds and then the necessary plant food and appropriate/compatible soil mix, how is growing your own tomatoes and mint etc. cost effective? I guess mint spreads like a weed but tomatoes? Takes weeks to get like..6? And the seeds were a dollar or two and the plant food for tomatoes is a couple bucks too.

I don't know how often they produce fruit/veggies and how many, but it feels like you spend $5+ for 50 cents worth of veggies lol

My mom used to grow tomatoes and...chillies? She did it because she liked it, and I can understand that. But this sounds like one of the few DIY projects that actually costs more than store-bought.

Sure, it's cheaper to get a prostitute but we all want love.

Couple of old timers swears by manure for rich flavor.

I grow my own weed, which means the stupid government doesn't get to dictate what's on my weed and plus they don't get to tax it for their stupid projects. Winning.

Probably not cost effective. Hard to compete with industrial farming. But when the industry goes up in flames, at least you'll have some microaggressions for your salad! :)

I'm ignorant as shit. I feel dumb asking, as someone who tried growing random herbs and veggies, and failed.

Between buying the seeds and then the necessary plant food and appropriate/compatible soil mix, how is growing your own tomatoes and mint etc. cost effective? I guess mint spreads like a weed but tomatoes? Takes weeks to get like..6? And the seeds were a dollar or two and the plant food for tomatoes is a couple bucks too.

I don't know how often they produce fruit/veggies and how many, but it feels like you spend $5+ for 50 cents worth of veggies lol

My mom used to grow tomatoes and...chillies? She did it because she liked it, and I can understand that. But this sounds like one of the few DIY projects that actually costs more than store-bought.
I don't get it either tbh.

I have grown peppers from the seeds and potatoes from the sprouts so they cost nothing (also got killed off by green fly) so I am unsure how it works out cheaper as well.

I know lots of people who keep chickens and ducks for the eggs, but again there is the cost of feeding them too

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.