Forum game: Post a dope beat

masta247

Staff member
I swear I heard this sample used several times on very similar beats before! I'm glad Evidence is still making good music. This made me check his latest stuff on Spotify.

This one's going to be a bit different, since the Ja Rule talk in the other thread reminded me of this song. I thought it was musically a really good track and a nice take on 2pac's "So Many Tears" instrumental:

THEV1LL4N

I really like J Wells vibes. Especially on Digital Smoke - that one was a classic in my book.

Speaking of vibes, slightly different, but this instrumental completely hits the spot for me:

Yes. Statik is one of my favourites too. I loved that beat as well.

And this one:

Preach

In recent years I've been branching out as far as genres goes, and I've also been getting into local music more and more.

I don't mean to be making such a point of this, but we all know - english music is everyone's music but everyone's music doesn't get any attention by english speakers. So in english speaking countries there's music, and everywhere else there are two sets of music. The music everyone can listen to, and the music only we listen to.

There's a lot of great music there I wanna share with you but not sure how it'll turn out. This next one isn't just a dope beat, it's a dope song the way I see it. It's kinda abstract and there's no way to translate it, but it's powerful stuff. And the production fits the themes in the lyrics very well, so this is a test to see if it sounds good on its own to people that can't understand shit from the song:

Preach

haha, that Savage Land actually sounds like a beat though. Hyphy meats Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot".

I feel like I can kinda imagine how all these would've sounded as actual beats. Imagine someone replayed all those melodies with more real-sounding synths and instruments and put some more refined drums under it and it got rapped over and mixed and mastered like a real track. These could all be sampled like that and end up as dope beats imo. This one is less hiphop-ey but still tight imo:

Preach

no one posted this yet. every thread like this should have this one in it somewhere. i'll leave it with some comments from the comments section:

"coldest beat i ever heard"

"this beat is infinity ,universe,human race,beyond time and space"

"Tupac - Lyric King
Biggie - Flow King
Eminem - Rhyme King
Dr. Dre - Beat King
Rick Ross - Burger King
"

THEV1LL4N

Just randomly posting the Puggsy soundtrack from Mega Drive. Very catchy and sticks in your mind for hours, also some very calming sounds on there. I could never really get past the third or the fourth level as a child so I'm only familiar with the first few songs.

masta247

Staff member
Recently discovered this obscure beat on a b-size compilation by Cilvaringz of beats he made before anyone knew him. This compilation has ~20 songs he produced for small-time Dutch rappers and all in all seems to be available only through this single video on Youtube with 129 views. Don't even ask me how I found this, but I was so impressed by this one song he produced I had to share it:

Really missing Cilvaringz' production. The 1-copy Wu-tang album sold to the pharma scumbag single-handedly ended his career, even though rings ended up donating most of that money back to charity, despite having worked for it for six years. If you check him on Spotify, you'll see his top songs have hundreds of plays at best (probably half of them by me).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.