Official suggestions/requests thread

I really wonder how he is now that they didn’t come true...
Still at it bro no joke he is still posting, elsewhere but a quick google search and some dorking. ( I am sure that there is more he was hardcore like that )

"can't tell u HOW it happened word 4 word" NOT about 94 shooting
Started by WESTAFRICA
January 07, 2018, 05:31:00 AM

If they both have the same schema then a mysqldump on each databases probably use the --no-create-info and one of the databases you can use --no-data and use that for the schema.sql. From there you can create a new database with all of the info from the dumps. Long as schema is the same it shouldn't be too bad. Of course make sure to backup beforehand, just in case.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/mysqldump.html

If the schema is different than INSERT and SELECT can be used to merge data. Either way a million posts is quite a bit, but honestly it'd be pretty cool to have the old threads, there were some great ones. Also we had various sections which are not here now for example "Do For Love" perhaps those miscellaneous posts can be integrated into a current section perhaps.

Something I was going to suggest is perhaps one member conducts an interview with a well known members perhaps or other interesting people. I remember when Kadafi's mom came on the forum and took our questions.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
If they both have the same schema then a mysqldump on each databases probably use the --no-create-info and one of the databases you can use --no-data and use that for the schema.sql. From there you can create a new database with all of the info from the dumps. Long as schema is the same it shouldn't be too bad. Of course make sure to backup beforehand, just in case.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/mysqldump.html

If the schema is different than INSERT and SELECT can be used to merge data. Either way a million posts is quite a bit, but honestly it'd be pretty cool to have the old threads, there were some great ones. Also we had various sections which are not here now for example "Do For Love" perhaps those miscellaneous posts can be integrated into a current section perhaps.

Something I was going to suggest is perhaps one member conducts an interview with a well known members perhaps or other interesting people. I remember when Kadafi's mom came on the forum and took our questions.

You should probably just hand the keys over to him for a day, Rukas.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Problem is the old one is an old vbulletin dump. We’d need to install that version then updated it then port it over to xenforo then merge. On two massive databases which are always programmatic on their own.

I mean could work without a hitch. Could fuck up. Need to set up test boards either way.

Problem is the old one is an old vbulletin dump. We’d need to install that version then updated it then port it over to xenforo then merge. On two massive databases which are always programmatic on their own.

I mean could work without a hitch. Could fuck up. Need to set up test boards either way.
So it's what Vbulletin 3.5 or something? This isn't a txt extension is it? I checked on google not sure if it's the right info ( not a db programmer or admin I would expect it's a .sql)

@Tha_Wood crossed fingers he returns it'll definitely put a little life into the Tupac section if he returns.

Last edited:

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
So it's what Vbulletin 3.5 or something? This isn't a txt extension is it? I checked on google not sure if it's the right info ( not a db programmer or admin I would expect it's a .sql)
It’s sql. Hell I don’t remember what version the old board was. We will work it out somehow. Thanks for looking into it though.

It’s sql. Hell I don’t remember what version the old board was. We will work it out somehow. Thanks for looking into it though.
Sounds good I didn't mean to be nosy, I tend to enjoy tech, best of luck. BTW