Film & TV Overrated movies

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I agree Black Panther was way overrated, other than Killmonger, the film was pretty bland. BP was a better character in Civil War than he was in his own film.

I think first Avengers is fitting only because it was the first time someone managed to bring together characters and storylines that had previously been directed by others into one film and make it feel natural. It really kicked off the whole thing. Looking back on it now it looks normal, but at the time, that was a huge feat and a huge gamble.

Agreed on Wonder Woman. Didn't like it. How is WW1 Germany basically every single WW2 German stereotype rolled into one?

And I think....

The Dark Knight Rises.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
The original trilogy for Star Wars is pretty great imo. The prequels suck ass. The sequels are definitely overrated and that last one was near unwatchable at times.

For me overrated would definitely include the following:
  • Forrest Gump
  • All Harry Potter movies
  • The Shape of Water
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • Billy Madison

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Just don't like that ish.

OG Star Wars are amazing, especially for the time they were made in, definitely not under rated. Like Woody said, prequels were meh, Force Awakens was okay, Last Jedi was horrible. HORRIBLE. But a lot of people seem to agree. HOOORRRIIBLE.

Jokerman

I don't like any of the Batman movies except Batman Begins, which was ok. I liked the first Avengers movie as a one-time watch, that's it. I don't remember the 2nd Avengers movie and Infinity War was probably the best Marvel movie yet. Could not watch more than 20 mins of The Shape of Water. Couldn't watch or read any Harry Potter. The most overrated movie ever is The Titanic. Hated it. The Hunger Games series is just ok. James Bond movies- just ok.

More overrated movies that meant nothing to me:

Crash
Trainwreck- fuck Lebron! lol
Rush Hour movies
Moonlight - OMG
Spy, or any movie with her
Any movie with Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts
Chicken Run- boooring
Traffic- remember that shit
most any Academy Award winner for Best Picture

masta247

Staff member
I wouldn't be able to tell a bad movie from a movie I personally don't like, so it's hard for me to say.
I don't like Star wars, LOTR, Harry Potters etc, but I can see how they can appeal to some people.
To be fair, I though Black Panther was just a shitty movie though, popular just because of the media attention around how black it was.

I also don't like any Superhero movies, except of Deadpool, because it's actually funny. I used to read the comic books as a kid, but found all superhero movies I was forced to watch completely boring.

_carmi

me, myself & us
I agree Black Panther was way overrated, other than Killmonger, the film was pretty bland. BP was a better character in Civil War than he was in his own film.

I think first Avengers is fitting only because it was the first time someone managed to bring together characters and storylines that had previously been directed by others into one film and make it feel natural. It really kicked off the whole thing. Looking back on it now it looks normal, but at the time, that was a huge feat and a huge gamble.

Agreed on Wonder Woman. Didn't like it. How is WW1 Germany basically every single WW2 German stereotype rolled into one?

And I think....

The Dark Knight Rises.
Ohh you went there with the Dark Knight Rises. But you’re right. It was overrated.

Most of the Marvel movies are overrated (Black Panther, the Captain America movies, the Thor movies, the last Iron Man. I hated the Wonder Woman movie, it was the better DC movie but that really means nothing when you compare to the Superman vs Batman and the Justice League which were just horrible.

I feel like Scarface is overrated. Love the movie, but perhaps a bit overrated.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I'll go as far as saying The Dark Knight Rises is a very flawed movie.

The sound mix is horrible. The dialog is too low. The script is meh. There is zero sense of time. How long was the island closed? Seasons passed and yet the cops don't die under ground? Or grow facial hair? How did Bruce get back? Why did they just waste Bane in the end? The twist at the end was forced. It just wasn't a very good film.

On the other hand, The Dark Knight was brilliant.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
I didn't know Anne Hathaway was in The Dark Knight Rises and as soon as she came on the screen I turned that bitch off. Never finished it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online