Technology The Cell Phone Thread

Snowman

was curious to see what everybody has cell phone wise. are you happy with yours? are you planning on switching to another type of phone.

this is what im rolling with now, its simple and basic. motorola v323i. i pay $60 a month. unlimited talk and text through revol wireless. hoping later on down the road i can still get my blackberry storm

Casey

Staff member
I'm sponsored by Danger (who make the Sidekick line), but as there is currently no Sidekick available in the UK, I'm rocking this at the moment:

White T-Mobile G1 - the Android OS is the best mobile OS on the market right now IMO.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I have the black g1 on t-mobile. It's pretty good, I wish the market (equivalent of apple's App store) was better and had better applications...but it will get better.

I'm super excited for Cupcake, the software update. Fucking Germans are getting it this month...probably hitting the US by the summer/end of summer hopefully.

masta247

Staff member
wow all you guys have the newest phones.
I like nice electronic gadgets but I still stick to se k800i and motorola w510. I like small phones and don't need a pda functionality everywhere.
I have a separate Dell PDA I take with me only when I need. I use skype for calling from it.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
wow all you guys have the newest phones.
I like nice electronic gadgets but I still stick to se k800i and motorola w510. I like small phones.
The G1 has this App called "StreamItAll". I abuse the life out of that app. Basically allows you to listen to streaming music (Internet Radio) over 3G.

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
I have a sidekick, which they call "hiptop" over here for some unknown homo reason. It's ok, plays up a lot though.

I miss the old Nokia 3315's.

These were unbreakable! You could drop, throw or even run over these phones without even worrying about damage. (besides a little scratch here and there)
One day I threw this phone over my friends house, landed in his pool, got it out, dried it with a hair dryer.. and it started again like brand new again. :love:

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
I have a sidekick, which they call "hiptop" over here for some unknown homo reason. It's ok, plays up a lot though.

I miss the old Nokia 3315's.

These were unbreakable! You could drop, throw or even run over these phones without even worrying about damage. (besides a little scratch here and there)
One day I threw this phone over my friends house, landed in his pool, got it out, dried it with a hair dryer.. and it started again like brand new again. :love:
We called that model a 3310 in the UK. I remember though, there was a Nokia that was rubber, came out around the same time, you could literally bounce it off the ground and it would be perfectly ok.

Casey

Staff member
I have the black g1 on t-mobile. It's pretty good, I wish the market (equivalent of apple's App store) was better and had better applications...but it will get better.

I'm super excited for Cupcake, the software update. Fucking Germans are getting it this month...probably hitting the US by the summer/end of summer hopefully.
I hear ya. T-Mobile UK started rolling out the Cupcake update 2-3 days ago - I can't wait for it to hit.

If you have the app 'AnyCut' or 'BetterCut', you can create a shortcut to 'Device Updates' and there's a button there that will check the server for when the update is available.

I don't think it'll take that long for US users to get Cupcake. Honestly I think you'll get it by the end of this month.

S. Fourteen

THE iPhone 3G 16GB black. Please believe it, believe it please.

THE phone that had rivals rushing to release their "iPhone killers"

3.0 is going to shut the shit down.

This is mine...

I wanna get the 2009 sidekick lx. It's going to be pretty good, but fucking tmobile still doesnt allow users to create their own mp3 ringtones. you have to buy EVERYTHING from those fuckers.

peace

Casey

Staff member
Killuminatii 71, that's what I was rockin for a year prior to getting the G1 - the purple Sidekick Slide. Loved that phone.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.