The Official Read this Good Book Thread

Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge
by Jeremy Narby

The Art of Deception: An Introduction to Critical Thinking : How to : Win an Argument, Defend a Case, Recognize a Fallacy, See Through a Deception,
by Nicholas Capaldi

Salar

The One, The Only
The tibetan book of living and dying -Sogyal Rinpoche is the book i'm reading now.
Tuesdays with Morrie (can't remember the author)
Roots - Alex Haley (fucked me up)
Perfume : The Story of a Murderer - Patrick Suskind (one of my favourite books)
7 habits of highly effective people - Stephen Covey (definately a good self development book)
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown (out of this and the infamous davinci book, this was the better book)

That's it for now. I read like crazy these days. I go through about 2 books a week and i can't just read one book at a time. So i've got books lying everywhere in my room. Whatever mood i'm in, i've got a book to keep me entertained. Unfortuantely ever since i started playing the guitar, reading has not been as frequent as it used to be.

ArtsyGirl

The Autobiography of Malcom X - Malcolm X and Alex Haley , My favourite book so far.

Manchild in a Promised Land - Claude Brown

The Black Panthers Speak - Great Book everything you want to know about the BPP

and

Uprising - Yusef Jah and Sister Shah'Keyah (If you liked Monster you'll like this)

Swollen_Member

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
The Truth About Stories by Thomas King. Actually anything by Thomas King is pretty good. He's one of the great Native American authors of the day.

artisticgurl said:
The Autobiography of Malcom X - Malcolm X and Alex Haley , My favourite book so far.
Same.

America's Boy by James Hamilton-Paterson - It is about colonialism in the Philippines focusing on ex-president, Ferdinand Marcos.

Jessica - Bryce Courtney (sadest book you'll ever read).
Shanghai Baby - Wei Hui (banned in China, dunno why).
Montaillou - Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie (if you like french history).

I just read, Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code and couldn't put it down.

The Tibetan Book of living and Dying: Is a good book till you get to the part where it goes into detail about your senses disintigrating when you die. Uggh!

The imitation of christ, Thomas A Kempis. Good Read.

Buddhism: Plain and Simple by Steve Hagen. I read a lot btw.

Tao of Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee (Watahhhhhhhhh!!!) Yes.

The Black Science - The Ninja Art of Mind Manipulation: (?Author?)

Tupac: Vibe

k69atie said:
-Daniel- said:
I just read, Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code and couldn't put it down.
my dad is reading that at the mo, is it good?
Yeah VERY good, like I said I couldnt put it down it was that good. Dan Brown can sure write a story. The mix of fact and fiction is brilliant.

Salar

The One, The Only
after you read davinci code read angels and demons. It's the better book out of the two but was always the under dog.

No more about the Da Vinci code, pllllease!!! lol. Sure, it's a great read....but there's been so much talk about it....is anyone else just so over it?!?!

For all of you people looking to open a business or know somebody that will (like family) read this book: The E Myth .... it will change your views on what your business should be like, trust me it's a smart book

ArtsyGirl

And anyone getting into the music industry read: All You Need To Know About the Music Industry - Cant remember who its by but my bro read it and said it was great.

artisticgurl said:
Have you read it?
I havent and I'm interested in what people have to say about it.
Yeah I read it. It is interesting, it has a good story line, lots of suspense, goes into detail in developing the plot and hey, you can also learn a thing or two about history! It's worth reading, but, lol, I'm so sick of it!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.