Vaping

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I don't even use nicotine anymore, or I just use a tiny bit of regular liquid "freebase".
Usually I just miss PG, VG and flavors.
So 0 nic? I feel like I might need to try that and see what it is I'm "addicted" to at this point, the nicotine, the vapor, or just the action of vaping.

Casey

Staff member
Just doing a random check-in. Still making your own juice, masta? How's the Caliburn, Casey?
I found myself going back to the Novo 2. I've since upgraded that to a Novo X, which has a display and a wattage control range.

I liked the Caliburn, but preferred the Novo. Also, I definitely had some quality control issues with the Caliburn. It just randomly wouldn't drag sometimes. And sometimes the light would flash green which is supposed to indicate good battery life, and in actual fact the unit would be empty, so it was hard to know if it needed charging or not.

I do like the look of the new Uwell Koko Prime. I'll probably pick one up at some point. And there's also an upgraded version of the Caliburn called the Caliburn G I think.

Aside from the QC issues I had, I'd say the original Caliburn and the Novo 2 were pretty close. But the Novo X is a significant upgrade.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I found myself going back to the Novo 2. I've since upgraded that to a Novo X, which has a display and a wattage control range.

I liked the Caliburn, but preferred the Novo. Also, I definitely had some quality control issues with the Caliburn. It just randomly wouldn't drag sometimes. And sometimes the light would flash green which is supposed to indicate good battery life, and in actual fact the unit would be empty, so it was hard to know if it needed charging or not.

I do like the look of the new Uwell Koko Prime. I'll probably pick one up at some point. And there's also an upgraded version of the Caliburn called the Caliburn G I think.

Aside from the QC issues I had, I'd say the original Caliburn and the Novo 2 were pretty close. But the Novo X is a significant upgrade.

I've read similar complaints about more recent Caliburns, especially the pods. My unit is 14+ months old now and it's well overdue for a replacement, but it's still working fine. I'm just worried if it dies in the coming weeks or months, the status of vapes in the US is currently in limbo but the new year might bring some more hits to supply, especially of UWell's offerings. Several big web retailers no longer sell Uwell stuff because it was one of the companies specifically targeted by the US government with cease and desist letters. UWell had one product that was also a "watch" and looked a lot like a smart watch, and that was one of the reasons/products targeted by the US gov. I think it freaked out many retailers and so they stopped carrying all Uwell stuff.

Maybe I'll give Smok products a shot. I had heard the coils/pods were more hit or miss than other products but I haven't read that in a long time now.

The new Caliburn model is interesting; I read you can just change the coils and keep the pods, but I can see that being more expensive than just replacing the pod/coil unit the old model had.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.