Voter ID

masta247

Staff member
What's the argument against voter ID?
Huh? I just checked because I had no idea that there are still places where you can vote without getting ID checked. That sounds crazy to me.

I mean, when I vote they write my personal ID number down so I can't vote again during the same election, and they check if the total amount of ballots corresponds to the number of IDs written down during that election to ensure there was no fraud. How else can you do that without ID-ing voters, and how is that not a thing in Australia? I can't think of any reasons why it wouldn't be implemented.

I mean, can you actually vote twice? Or can you fabricate votes? Considering that a lot of people don't vote (making it easy to "add" to the attendance statistics with some votes for your "favorite person"), and whoever handles the papers can be corrupt, it seems too easy to fabricate extra ballots then. Is there anything that prevents people from doing it over there?

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
It is a thing in Australia. I thought America didn't have it? I could be wrong entirely and dreamed it up.
Yeah, I just checked and it seems like some states don't have it as well. Makes me wonder what's the logic behind it, and how do they keep the elections tamper-proof.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Words of Wisdom is kind of a politics forum though so maybe different threads for different issues would work?

Last edited:

_carmi

me, myself & us
We have voter cards sent at our homes telling us where to vote. Then at the voting station we must have a picture ID and a proof of addresss (usually a driver’s license dies both) in order to vote.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.