This is my thread

ARon

I should've said good shows. Miss me with Walking Dead. GoT is great, Mad Men and Dexter are ok but yeah, as a whole I feel UK has better television shows.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Well, TWD certainly isn't at the story telling level of Breaking Bad or The Wire (from what I've heard) but it is heavily influenced by nerds that read the comic and just want to beat off to Rosita or Maggie. The UK does have its quality shows, but I wouldn't say "more."

They do know when to end a series. I think I brought it up before and Pittsey explained why many shows have six episode seasons and only 2-4 seasons. I forgot what he said, but they definitely don't milk a series. Big Bang comes to mind and The Office too, although The Office definitely redeemed itself at the end.

Speaking of The Wire, I read there was an HD "remastered" reairing of the show on HBO? Or was it a BluRay thing? I have a season or two downloaded but if it's in HD, well, I'm a bit of a quality snob so I'd gladly get that when I finally sit down to watch it.

Also gotta start True Detective and GoT. So much to watch.

Once this exam is done.........

ARon

lmao @ beating off to rosita and maggie

They aired every episode in HD on HBO not too long ago. I need to dl that shit too. Actually, I hope they just made the ones on hbogo hd so I don't have to bother. You can watch True Detective all quick, it's pretty short. I like that show a lot actually. Try to catch up on GoT before then new season, you have a while but I rewatch that show a lot since there is so much going on

ARon

Anyone watch the little Noisey documentaries on youtube. I came across one and have been watching them for like 3 hours. Chiraq is full of dumb people lol

dilla

Did I mention I started watching The New Girl?

It's weak acting but it has its moments. I like Zooey and the character she plays.

dilla

It's not too large, I just don't want to download 60 episodes at 2GB each when my laptop can't even display 1080p.

dilla

It's been a while since I watched SD though..... I'll figure something out.

Saw a few B-list movies. Dr Cabbie was alright, had Kunal Nayyar (Raj from BBT) in it and he was pretty much the same character, though a bit more vulgar. Then I saw Let's Kill Ward's Wife....which was kind of weird, but I gave it a shot because it had Donald Faison in it. That one was just weird, but it had some moments.

Now I'm giving Stretch a shot. It's OK so far, too. Jessica Alba is in it but she's nothing special. I haven't gotten around to the big-name movies I downloaded 1.5 months ago. Fury, Nightcrawler, This Is Where I Leave You, Gone Girl, Gambler, Dumb and Dumber Too, etc. Maybe after a good day or something.

I wanted to see The Wedding Ringer in theaters since I like Kevin Hart, but that just didn't happen. The DVDSCR hasn't leaked either, which is a bit surprising.

dilla

How is the show Episodes? There are shows on Showtime I just don't hear about until by accident. The actors playing the couple (don't know their names) are love interests in the British show Green Wing. That's awesome. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.