This is my thread

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Haha.

I wouldn't recommend investing like this unless you have a lot of free time to watch the market and consistently be buying and selling. I think you are UK based, so you should also be aware of how capital gains taxes work there as those can take a chunk out of your profits.

I would recommend having a serious think about what it is you want your money to do for you. Do you want a steady source of income, i.e. are you chasing dividend payments? Then you probably want to look at your blue chips.

Do you want to grow your savings rather than have it sit there and do nothing? This is where I found myself. I'm not an active investor and because of my work I am quite restricted in what I can and can't trade in; I also don't have the time to be monitoring the market to be buying & selling on the regular. This is where your ETF's come in. Look for some reputable funds which have a solid 5 to 10 year history of outperforming the market (really anything that grows > 7% per annum and in particular see how they performed during the GFC) and diversify across those (I'd go one which tracks against your local index; one which tracks against global indexes; one which tracks against emerging markets). I've managed to grow my savings by ~$20k by just having it sit in ETFs rather than in my savings accounts.

Those aren't crazy gains but for someone who isn't an active investor its nothing to sneeze at.

Long term. I'm looking to invest in dividend shares. Looking at GSK, Coke, HSBC etc That's where I'm happy with putting my money.

Although, I'm interested in crypto to ride the waves at the right time. Take a chunk of my stake out. And then see what happens long term. XRP interests me because at the end of Feb it will either be a good investment or a shit show. I haven't invested more than I'm prepared to lose

I'm still reading up on how best to invest. I gave on it all because of the commissions 10 years ago. But these don't seem to be as relevant today. I'll look into ETFs

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
How about those Marilyn Manson allegations? Guy just lost his American Gods appearance.

Grooming and abuse smh

How about those Marilyn Manson allegations? Guy just lost his American Gods appearance.

Grooming and abuse smh
I recently read his autobiography , was eye opening to say the least.

I have been reading up on the allergations.... they are madness very believeable.

Da_Funk

It's just sad isn't it. I saw him live, probably a decade ago, and he was off his head drunk. Had people in the crowd throw him money so he could snort some lines in between songs. After the concert, the entire block was shutdown down by police. I came out of there to see people fighting cops. Was an experience.

But yeah he is one fucked up dude. I mean look at the guy.

Yeah it is really sad, i mean in his autobiography he talks about pissing on people and sexually assaulting and physically assaulting a drunk woman.

The guy has deep root issues

dilla

And all of it gets hidden so well by the "higher-ups" of Hollywood. No wonder people can't believe it when it comes to light about any celeb because so many are complicit in either acts or making it go away.

dilla

You guys watching the SB tonight, be it for the game, the music performances, or the ads?

I'd be OK with either team winning. One thing I do expect is a shootout. I hope for one, at least. Defense be damned, have the two biggest figures in the NFL give us all a show for the championship game. I like Brady more than Mahomes but I think the Chiefs are a more lethal team. But that's all on paper. On the field, I want to see all those intangibles come to life for both teams.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Haha.

I wouldn't recommend investing like this unless you have a lot of free time to watch the market and consistently be buying and selling. I think you are UK based, so you should also be aware of how capital gains taxes work there as those can take a chunk out of your profits.

I would recommend having a serious think about what it is you want your money to do for you. Do you want a steady source of income, i.e. are you chasing dividend payments? Then you probably want to look at your blue chips.

Do you want to grow your savings rather than have it sit there and do nothing? This is where I found myself. I'm not an active investor and because of my work I am quite restricted in what I can and can't trade in; I also don't have the time to be monitoring the market to be buying & selling on the regular. This is where your ETF's come in. Look for some reputable funds which have a solid 5 to 10 year history of outperforming the market (really anything that grows > 7% per annum and in particular see how they performed during the GFC) and diversify across those (I'd go one which tracks against your local index; one which tracks against global indexes; one which tracks against emerging markets). I've managed to grow my savings by ~$20k by just having it sit in ETFs rather than in my savings accounts.

Those aren't crazy gains but for someone who isn't an active investor its nothing to sneeze at.

Crypto has gone nuts because of Elon. Just after I took my money out haha

Da_Funk

Crypto has gone nuts because of Elon. Just after I took my money out haha
Oh no

We just financed our mortgage down to an uber low rate.. anyways here in Australia we can set up offset savings account which offset the interest on our mortgage payments. Long story short I took some of those savings and dumped them into crypto.

Initially bought some ETH and BTC and while I have made gains % wise, those two are so expensive that actual $ wise it's pretty bleh. I decided my strategy will be to buy up alt coins and ride the wave, then convert to BTC or ETH. Coins im looking at are
-Enjin
-BAT coin
-Status
-Vechain
-Neo

The crypto world is deep man - I have been spending two hours plus after working trolling websites, exchanges and forums. You are ballsy going into ripple. It's supposedly backer by 1USD (I think this is a scam) and they are about to go up against the SEC. That said they are pumping hard today and a gain is a gain is a gain.

Da_Funk

I haven't messed much with cryptos. I have small positions in Bitcoin and Ethereum. I mostly mess with long term stocks.
I haven't messed much with cryptos. I have small positions in Bitcoin and Ethereum. I mostly mess with long term stocks.
Good stuff. I have the majority of my money in stocks and property, however I have recently put some into the crypto world and the ability to earn is insane. I am pretty conservative so the majority of money I have put in is to the stable coins (ADA/LTC/BTC/ETH) but I have took a $150 and have almost turned that into $1000 since Feb. The volatility is insane but so is the earnings potential.

Good stuff. I have the majority of my money in stocks and property, however I have recently put some into the crypto world and the ability to earn is insane. I am pretty conservative so the majority of money I have put in is to the stable coins (ADA/LTC/BTC/ETH) but I have took a $150 and have almost turned that into $1000 since Feb. The volatility is insane but so is the earnings potential.
I'm still learning about crpyto but crypto is about 3% of my portfolio. I only put in $200 in BTC when it was at $19,000 and $250 in ETH when it was around $560. Wish I put more into ETH. Are you gonna get buy the Coinbase ipo? Tesla, NIO, and CCIV/Lucid are my babies. I got into stocks last year bro, I've been missing out smh.

Da_Funk

I'm still learning about crpyto but crypto is about 3% of my portfolio. I only put in $200 in BTC when it was at $19,000 and $250 in ETH when it was around $560. Wish I put more into ETH. Are you gonna get buy the Coinbase ipo? Tesla, NIO, and CCIV/Lucid are my babies. I got into stocks last year bro, I've been missing out smh.
That's not a bad little return there. I wish I had the balls to drop $20k on some of this stuff and just ride the wave. Unfortunately with a mortgage and thoughts of a kid coming closer to reality I just don't have the stones to do it.

I'm based in Australia and I work in Institutional/Corporate Banking. It comes with a lot of hoops to jump through (mandatory holding periods, pre-clearance, certain sectors I'm not allowed to trade in, etc) to trade in stocks which led me to cryptos in the first place so I wasn't planning to get in on coinbase IPO and the majority of my money on the stock market is tied up in ETFs which provide a nice steady return but definitely isn't the same as those crypto gains.

dilla

The beat, the lyrics....it took me back 15+ years to what hip hop sounded like to me. I completely ignored the fact it was generated by AI.

I need to go back and listen to music from the 90s and 2000s. I don't think I've ever once searched an older artist from this era on Spotify and listened to it. All the music I downloaded and archived from 2003 until about 2015? Just sitting on a hard drive somewhere, never touched in years .

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.