This is my thread

Da_Funk

Went back in time today and listened to Common's Be. Makes me wish I could go back to all my hard drives from 2000 to 2010 and recover all the music I had on them.

Must be so many good songs I've completely forgotten about.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Went back in time today and listened to Common's Be.

me wish I could go back to all my hard drives from 2000 to 2010 and recover all the music I had on them.

Must be so many good songs I've completely forgotten about.
I had a last.fm account that I imported the list of songs to Spotify and it became its own playlist. If the song was on Spotify, it put in that playlist.

It was quite the trip down memory lane for me when I did it about a year ago. Little Brother was one artist I forgot about since 2010 or something.

Also, unrelated, this is wtf: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...ins-loses-humanist-of-the-year-trans-comments

Also, Chauvin found guilty in the murder of George Floyd.

masta247

Staff member
I wasn't aware that he built a time machine to hate on trans people in 1996. It was a humanist of the year 1996 award, not humanist for life. Taking back something granted at the time honoring his achievements of that time is just showing how worthless this organization's awards are. Even if there was something seriously wrong with the tweet, it does not undo the good done decades before it.

It's the smallest of a problem though, stuff like this is bullshit. If you suddenly can't discuss trans people in any light but stellar, especially making a logically reasonable thesis (phrased respectfully and encouraging discourse at that), you know you have a big societal problem going on. It also sends conservatives to further distance themselves from bullshit like this, and the only way for them to go is further to the right. Honestly, I'm typically on the other end of the political spectrum, but stuff like this pushes me to high five a bunch of rednecks as the more sane counterbalance of the two.

And what is "anti-ethical" about the "outrageous" example they used from the book? They quoted: "Is trans woman a woman? Purely semantic. If you define by chromosomes, no. If by self-identification, yes. I call her “she” out of courtesy.” as if writing this was a crime against humanity. Isn't what Dawkins wrote literally what folk do to respectfully acknowledge transgender people?

Last edited:

dilla

I wasn't aware that he built a time machine to hate on trans people in 1996. It was a humanist of the year 1996 award, not humanist for life. Taking back something granted at the time honoring his achievements of that time is just showing how worthless this organization's awards are. Even if there was something seriously wrong with the tweet, it does not undo the good done decades before it.

It's the smallest of a problem though, stuff like this is bullshit. If you suddenly can't discuss trans people in any light but stellar, especially making a logically reasonable thesis (phrased respectfully and encouraging discourse at that), you know you have a big societal problem going on. It also sends conservatives to further distance themselves from bullshit like this, and the only way for them to go is further to the right. Honestly, I'm typically on the other end of the political spectrum, but stuff like this pushes me to high five a bunch of rednecks as the more sane counterbalance of the two.

And what is "anti-ethical" about the "outrageous" example they used from the book? They quoted: "Is trans woman a woman? Purely semantic. If you define by chromosomes, no. If by self-identification, yes. I call her “she” out of courtesy.” as if writing this was a crime against humanity. Isn't what Dawkins wrote literally what folk do to respectfully acknowledge transgender people?

Yeah, agreed. It's a big debate in the US, but still doesn't really make the news. It just stirs underneath the sea that is the news cycle. Some states, typically more conservative ones, are passing laws preventing males from competing against females, regardless of what they identify as. And that's receiving backlash. Weird thing is that women who don't identify as women don't seem to want to compete against males. The main place I read about it being an issue is in high school sports but I think it's spreading to the collegiate level too now.

The real kicker is I just recently saw some social media post where WNBA players were vouching for transwomen to be allowed to play women's sports. That was so odd to me. Instead of offering an alternative for trans people and calling out the bad intentions behind the bills being passed to prevent them from playing sports, they either genuinely think one can identify as one gender or the other, or they're too scared to say that maybe this ain't it, chief.

As great as professional women athletes are, I don't think most WNBA women want to be playing a physical sport against a 6-7 foot male that now wants to play in the NBA.

But....that's their issue to worry about. If the women in the sport say they're ok with it, then I'm not going to be a "social referee" and say yes or no. But I think at the amateur level, or high school level, there are women that are missing out on holding women's records for events, like track and field, because there are transwomen competing on the same field and winning them instead. I'm a loser and have never won anything in my life, but if I lost out on something for a reason other than self-sabotaging myself mentally, I'd want to know that it was at least a fair fight.

Jokerman

Chauvin says he now identifies as a woman, a black woman, and wants to be put with female prisoners. Black Lives matter activists and Biden are standing up for his rights as a black trans. J.K. Rowling is making Harry Potter trans in the next book. Trump says he wants to run as a Chinese trans. As you can see by my avatar pic, I've become trans. I'm playing on a girls' basketball team and I'm also on their cheer-leading squad.

masta247

Staff member
Chauvin says he now identifies as a woman, a black woman, and wants to be put with female prisoners. Black Lives matter activists and Biden are standing up for his rights as a black trans. J.K. Rowling is making Harry Potter trans in the next book. Trump says he wants to run as a Chinese trans. As you can see by my avatar pic, I've become trans. I'm playing on a girls' basketball team and I'm also on their cheer-leading squad.
Man, if it means I can go to a female jail, I might as well identify as a girl and suddenly feel like doing a crime or two.

In the UK if you are Trans you get sent to whichever prison you have the sex organs for

So if you identify female but still have male genitallia you go to a mans prison and vise vera

dilla

Anyone here big in to grilling? I used our grill for the first time in over a year for Mother's Day and made some chicken and veggies for the family and it got me interested in using it more. I asked some college friends down South about what they grill and got a wide variety of responses. They all do something different and all in different ways. Some smoke meat for hours or almost a day. Others make their own sauce/marinade and put it in that.

Since I'm the only one in my house that's interested in food (lol) I figured I'd take the initiative and start looking in to using the grill more. I'm sure the others will follow although the vegetarians in the house said they still preferred roasting veggies in the oven over the grill. But I also suck at the grill so...

I just learned chimney starter's existed. I've always been bathing the coals in kerosene and trying to Kobe a lit match on top of them because I was scared of burning myself.

I probably shouldn't be near a grill.

dilla

Also, lol @ Bill Gates kinda coming out looking like a scumbag after the divorce. I think a lot of us forgot his name was rumored (or maybe confirmed?) to be associated with Epstein's list of people he associated with. I just assumed those accusations were stray bullets hitting random, uninvolved people but....it might have some truth to it, at least judging from Melinda's side of things.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Did you ever get deeper into this space?

I've been going hard on cryptos and the recent uptick been great.

Anyone else in on it?

Sorry. Been a while since I've been here.

I got in and out quickly. Couldn't see any of them having widespread adoption. People I know are heavy into it, but it is currently going the way I thought it would.

dilla

Anyone try overnight oats?

Been doing them for about two months now and just put half a cup of instant oats, some psyllium, chia seeds, and then drown them in milk. Then I put a big scoop of Greek yogurt on top and by morning, the milk is all soaked up and the yogurt sort of gets "sucked" into the center.

The main reason I do it is to load up on psyllium for the fiber. Life has never been the same since I started eating more fiber and since psyllium is tasteless, having some yogurt makes it go down easier. And the oats have fiber too but they're just there to add some bulk to it all of it.

Plus, I don't get hungry until late afternoon after eating it in the morning.

Ha ha I literally just tried these last week

Not for me i prefer them warm

I do them in a pan with milk, chai seeds and mix in some fruit and almonds lovely :)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Been doing them for about two months now and just put half a cup of instant oats, some psyllium, chia seeds, and then drown them in milk. Then I put a big scoop of Greek yogurt on top and by morning, the milk is all soaked up and the yogurt sort of gets "sucked" into the center.

The main reason I do it is to load up on psyllium for the fiber. Life has never been the same since I started eating more fiber and since psyllium is tasteless, having some yogurt makes it go down easier. And the oats have fiber too but they're just there to add some bulk to it all of it.

I used to drink psyllium in the morning. But didn't see the benefits

dilla

I used to drink psyllium in the morning. But didn't see the benefits
As in Metamucil? I think it's suggested to eat it in its raw form, at least that's what the latest research is. Health food stores sell it "organic" with ridiculous markup so we just buy it from the many Indian shops by us.

Looks like this

It's like $3 and the thing lasts a month or two in our house because my dad and I eat it regularly. I'd try it that way as it has a bland taste. My dad eats it with bran flakes, I eat it with Greek yogurt and oats. The other ways suggested are with applesauce. I just personally need a "chaser" for it despite it having no taste, but you could also take one big spoonful. It turns to gel after some time so if it's still in your mouth, you might be licking your teeth to get it all out.

It took about a week of regular use for me to see the benefits. It's not some mysterious potion, it's literally just fiber so the benefits are tied to the benefits of fiber. It just doesn't have the additives Metamucil may have and it's much cheaper. In the UK, you're definitely going to find the one I linked above in any Indian shop.

keco52

Staff member

I love overnight oats with coconut milk then throw in honey and blueberries. I’ve been obsessed with expensive honeys lately. Whole Foods taste and an Aldi budget :(

Jokerman

I love overnight oats with coconut milk then throw in honey and blueberries. I’ve been obsessed with expensive honeys lately. Whole Foods taste and an Aldi budget :(
Manuka honey from New Zealand is the healthiest. Pretty expensive. I've been eating overnight oats for years. Instead of honey I stir in a tablespoon of apple sauce. Also chia seeds, cinnamon, pieces of walnuts, and lots of blueberries.

dilla

I don't know how much "unhealthier" it is but try the honey vanilla by Greek Gods. It's like $4 at Target for a 20-something oz tub.

dilla

Why am I getting emails from HitEmUp asking me to get in on some crypto for Tupac? Just got the email this morning. It was also addressed to "dilla2." I got banned and made so many alliases, I lost track.

Unrelated, today was my last day of pediatrics. My doctor made me sit in front of her as she wrote me eval. She asked what my previous doctor gave me as a grade, because she knew him too, and I told her he gave me Honors (which was true, he did). She then proceeded to give me a "high pass" and then told me to fax my own evaluation to the clinical coordinator from her office lol. The ultimate power move from my near-70 year old doc. I feel like a bitch now. Then she thanked me and said I was great to have on the rotation as I was leaving. But still a "high pass."

Man, fuck them kids.

Da_Funk

Why am I getting emails from HitEmUp asking me to get in on some crypto for Tupac? Just got the email this morning. It was also addressed to "dilla2." I got banned and made so many alliases, I lost track.
They want you to stop being a wage slave. Take the first step towards becoming a capitalist by putting your money to work and purchase some Tupac Coin. Just kidding (sort of).

For full details, refer https://hitemup.com/

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.