This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
He was never going to spend 44bn on Twitter. May as well have set his money on fire.

I'm sure that's what the lawsuit is about. I've read it was a very public hit job so he could reap the financial benefits from those who bought stock.

dilla

You Brits handling the heat OK?

I saw on Reddit, so it could be false, but something like only 10-20% of UK folks have AC in their homes. Is that true?

dilla

I started surgery earlier this week and started at a new hospital. First time I've been during my training, actually, due to COVID. I was clueless and had to rely on my peers to tell me what to do to get in and set up. After parking in the lot, I walked in to the hospital. No one was at the front desk but there was a janitor standing there, happy as can be and friendly. I had scrubs on but also had a backpack too. No one checked it or me or asked for my ID. I actually had to go to the sixth floor to get said ID but he didn't care. He told me where the elevators were and I made my way up.

Once there, I went left instead of right. I was smack dab in some unit, walking around looking for the room I had to go to. Walked by several nurses at their desks, not a blink of an eye. As I was walking by rooms, I peeked in and saw patients on their beds. I could've walked in had I wanted to. Finally I asked a nurse at the station for the room number and she didn't even know the room existed. She had to ask someone else who told me to go down the opposite way down the hall.

I eventually got my ID and met up with a colleague who let me in to the locker room to get changed and then enter the OR but holy shit, if I was a degenerate, I could have had a field day. I slipped through so many cracks, starting with no one at the front desk at 7 AM and having the janitor just grease the rails for me to make my way through.

It's not a big hospital; it's a community hospital, but it's not in the ghetto or anything. It is in the city. But you can't be that lax with security. Not pre-COVID and certainly not post. As I'm typing this, I realize I didn't even see a security guard at all. And I didn't take some secret, Illuminatti entrance, it was the main damn entrance, circle driveway and all.

So strange. Also, the hospital is still pretty shitty and empty inside. The locker room and OR looks like a high school hallway from the 70s. Or my high school, which hadn't been renovated since the 70s or 80s. Same drab colors, tile, etc. I'm not expecting the Belagio level of decor but it was still pretty dreary.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
You Brits handling the heat OK?

I saw on Reddit, so it could be false, but something like only 10-20% of UK folks have AC in their homes. Is that true?

Less than that I would say. Our houses are built for cold weather. We have lots of wall and loft insulation to ensure we retain heat. We aren't used to weather anywhere near 40°C. I did consider getting AC installed, but for the sake of 5 days a year, it didn't really seem worth it...

That London fire looked worrisome.

Carbon Free Future is a hoax. Mind as well soak your feet and enjoy your 99 flake cone.

(on Tuesday I found out what a 99 Flake is and I wanted to use it in a sentence)

I got 99 problems but Flake ain't one

Last edited:

dilla

Less than that I would say. Our houses are built for cold weather. We have lots of wall and loft insulation to ensure we retain heat. We aren't used to weather anywhere near 40°C. I did consider getting AC installed, but for the sake of 5 days a year, it didn't really seem worth it...
That's strange to me because even in the high 70s, I still run some mild AC and definitely the fans of the AC unit just to circulate air because the air gets kind of stale. I think it's been 78+ since late-May here and only dips to about 60ish at night so it's been a constant hot streak.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
That's strange to me because even in the high 70s, I still run some mild AC and definitely the fans of the AC unit just to circulate air because the air gets kind of stale. I think it's been 78+ since late-May here and only dips to about 60ish at night so it's been a constant hot streak.

I can live without Aircon... If I need air, I open the window.... Just need to work out how I approach temperatures that are 90+, if I continue without Aircon.

masta247

Staff member
Well, at least it's over now, right?
Came here. 34C (94F) right now by the ocean in my part of Vancouver. 40C/105F in the interior. Supposed to last at least until after the upcoming weekend. AC is uncommon here since it's coastal Canada.

I got a portable unit. It's against strata bylaws but fuck the police. I feel bad for seniors who aren't living the thug life though.

What sucks is that we had a cold and rainy summer and it went straight to record breaking temperatures.

Last edited:

dilla

Came here. 34C (94F) right now by the ocean in my part of Vancouver. 40C/105F in the interior. Supposed to last at least until after the upcoming weekend. AC is uncommon here since it's coastal Canada.

I got a portable unit. It's against strata bylaws but fuck the police. I feel bad for seniors who aren't living the thug life though.

What sucks is that we had a cold and rainy summer and it went straight to record breaking temperatures.

I guess AC is an American thing lol. I think homes in my area even have a unit for each floor. Heating and cooling on each. I think even poorer, inner city areas at least have a window unit.

Da_Funk

I guess AC is an American thing lol. I think homes in my area even have a unit for each floor. Heating and cooling on each. I think even poorer, inner city areas at least have a window unit.
No its definitely a world wide thing. In colder or more temperate climates its generally not needed outside the 5 days a year it goes above 30C. There are many ways to design homes to create airflow to cool them, lots of countries do this.

But with global warming and all more and more of us will start to need AC.

dilla

No its definitely a world wide thing. In colder or more temperate climates its generally not needed outside the 5 days a year it goes above 30C. There are many ways to design homes to create airflow to cool them, lots of countries do this.

But with global warming and all more and more of us will start to need AC.
Despite living in Chicago, we still get three solid months of 70+ weather during the summer, if not more. I guess the UK is still a bit further north of us but not by that much? We still need the heat and AC on year round, one or the other. Maybe 30-45 days, total, in the Spring and Fall, combined, where we can do without either one.

Perhaps Europe's climate is still different than the US' even if countries are lateral to each other.

Da_Funk

Despite living in Chicago, we still get three solid months of 70+ weather during the summer, if not more. I guess the UK is still a bit further north of us but not by that much? We still need the heat and AC on year round, one or the other. Maybe 30-45 days, total, in the Spring and Fall, combined, where we can do without either one.

Perhaps Europe's climate is still different than the US' even if countries are lateral to each other.
The UK is surround by ocean which moderates temperatures to a very large extent.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.