World Cup 2010

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
lol @ screetch

Edit: Nice dive today from Rooney. Even when he was pulling the Slovenian player down, England got the penalty shot. Hypocrites

[youtube]h6Uj6Z8JFwY[/youtube]

hizzle?

Staff member
It's cool though, he's English, he won't get jack shit from anyone.

That was more of a fucking disgrace than Eduardo. Go fuck yourself England.

Bobby Sands

lol @ screetch

Edit: Nice dive today from Rooney. Even when he was pulling the Slovenian player down, England got the penalty shot. Hypocrites

[youtube]h6Uj6Z8JFwY[/youtube]
Rooney does what he likes on a football field and nothing is ever said because he is Englands golden boy. In most games he gets away with kicking out at players and abusing referees. Nothing is ever said. The english love to get up on their morale high horse when its a foreigner involved. They are not so quick to criticise their own.

and to think that this horrible Shrek lookalike asshole was in a press conference the other day claiming to be a honest player and saying that England dont dive.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
All the English papers are now saying it was more of a clumsy thumble than a dive. Yah, cause usually when I pull someone at the shirt while he's running... my body goes down legs first, back to the floor instead of stomach to the floor.

Man, we lost Corluka, but that's fine.. Srna is gonna take his position... I really hope we give them a whopping or take some points away.

hizzle?

Staff member
I'm mostly pissed off because of this :

3 September 2009

I'm an honest player, says Rooney

Wayne Rooney says he is an "honest player" despite analysis of the crucial penalty he won against Arsenal last weekend revealing he may have dived.

The north Londoners were denied a penalty of their own, and were leading 1-0 when Rooney converted his spot-kick, and the hosts went on to win 2-1.
Rooney said: "Everyone who watches me play knows I am an honest player.
"I play the game as honestly as I can. If the referee gives a penalty there is nothing you can do."

Bobby Sands

^^scum of the earth. done read them. No Liverpool fan should read the Sun or the NOTW ever.

btw the one against Arsenal was a dive. He just timed it better than Eduardo did.

hizzle?

Staff member
^^scum of the earth. done read them. No Liverpool fan should read the Sun or the NOTW ever.

btw the one against Arsenal was a dive. He just timed it better than Eduardo did.
Only Eduardo knows if he dove. It seems that he was scared a little bit and fell to the ground after Boruc went to get the ball.

Anyway, Rooney dove against Arsenal and I have nothing to say about his penalty against Cesar.

Bobby Sands

So what do you guys think? do you think that Argentina's problem are down to Maradona or do you think that they are just not good enough at the moment? Its a mixture of both imo. I want to see Maradona do well because he was my favourite footballer ever and also the greatest. But that doesnt mean he'll make a good coach. Im not sure if was a good idea giving him the job. On the other hand, this Argentina team isnt all that imo. Take out Messi and they are fucked. Aquero is a fine player as well but needs Messi feeding him. Tevez is hard working and a good player. Mascherano is one of the best defensive midfielders around but hasnt been playing well lately imo.
After that there isnt a whole lot. Diego Milito looks pretty average at that level. Veron is too old and well past his best. Zanetti is old as well. Their defense is weak. Was Walter Samuel playing or even in the squad? The fact that Gutierrez and Collocinin makes the squad says it all.
They are in a bit of trouble now because they have to play Paraguay away and Uruguay who are their rivals. Even if they do make it, they dont have a chance of winning imo.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
They need Riquelme back. I mean that with little fanboyism, but they need his influence. He can dictate their play like no-one else in the side. The fact the Boca fans have taken Riquelme's side of Maradona's is a huge thing.

They need a Crespo type striker. They miss a target man badly, wants the point of attacking set pieces for Argentina? when Riquelme was in the side he could make it happen but no-one else can, due to their size.

Is Cambiasso injured? Masch imo never turns up for Argentina, hes like a wild dog knocking down players for no reason.

is Lucho called up?

Bobby Sands

Mascherano nevers turns up for Argentina? he was their best player at the last WC lol. He has only being playing poorly in recent games for them and hasnt been playing too great for Liverpool recently either. I guess he is going through a bad patch. Maybe being made captain has affected his performance. I have a bad feeling he will leave Liverpool next summer :(

Duke

Staff member
I think Thuggy makes a good point. They do need some creativity in midfield. I think their forwards are good enough, even for their lack of physical prowess (especially in the air) when coupled with a real passer in midfield. But as it stands now, they depend too much on the bursts of genius by Messi and the like.

So they indeed need a type Riquelme and/or a targetman upfront. Aguero is a great striker but not with his back towards the goal.

Bobby Sands

yea i agree that Riquelme is a loss.

But it seems to me that he has a serious attitude problem and tends to go missing in games but they could do with that creativity.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.