World Cup 2010

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
yea i agree that Riquelme is a loss.

But it seems to me that he has a serious attitude problem and tends to go missing in games but they could do with that creativity.
Riquelme can go missing in games, but I think its blown out of proportion, if we take the Copa America final for example, Messi and Tevez were quiet but Riquelme got the blame even though he had the only decent chance for them.

How does Veron still get in the side?

Bobby Sands

^^i guess they have no one else. He replaced Riquelme. Veron is well past it though. He is too slow.

36 year old Rolando Schiavi will play at centre half against Paraguay. Their defense is rubbish. How the hell does Walter Samuel not get picked when they are stuck for good central defenders? He has been playing well for Inter by all accounts. The fact that Collocini was in the squad for some games says it all. Their defense is the problem.

Tupac Shakur? wtf lol

whats that young guys name that plays for Lyon? midfield i think.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Bastos? Yeah hes meant to be awesome, I only saw him against Anderlect. Looked good, Hes Brazilian right?

Wheres Higuian? I heard a rumour he might choose to play for France instead...like Tupac Shakur did.

Is Samuel injured of anything? Might aswell pick Ayala still.

Bobby Sands

oh ok didnt realise he was brazilian. Ayala has retired from international football. Its amazing that Higuain cant make the squad and Gutierrez can. Lisandro Lopez should be playing as well.

not sure if Samuel is injured but he hasnt played for Argentina in ages.

Although when i think about it, Veron has been pretty good in the recent games i have seen him play. He wasnt bad against Brazil. He is similar to Riquelme in many ways. I think the defense is the big problem.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
oh ok didnt realise he was brazilian. Ayala has retired from international football. Its amazing that Higuain cant make the squad and Gutierrez can. Lisandro Lopez should be playing as well.

not sure if Samuel is injured but he hasnt played for Argentina in ages.

Although when i think about it, Veron has been pretty good in the recent games i have seen him play. He wasnt bad against Brazil. He is similar to Riquelme in many ways. I think the defense is the big problem.
I wonder if Argentina could play with Aguero and Messi out wide and Lisandro as the striker? Or even Higuain out wide, the guy scored 23 goals last season.

Midfield can be Cambiasso/Masch/Lucho

Defence.....

Bobby Sands

England 5 Croatia 1. Croatia were atrocious. England are a very good side under Capello though. England are through and they will do well in SA imo. dunno if they could beat Spain or Brazil but they should make the semi's anyway. Croatia are in trouble but Ukraine only drew with Belarus i think.

Scotland 0 Holland 1. THats puts Scotland out. they played decent. Bad mistake by Weir for the goal.

Northern Ireland 0 Slovakia 3. Bad result for NI. They'll be lucky to make playoffs and Czech Rep. are back in the mix now after thrashing San Marino 7-0. Slovakia are almost there.

Italy 2 Bulgaria 0. that makes it difficult for Ireland to top the group now. Even if we beat Italy and Montenegro it still might not be enough. We are surely in the play offs now though. we are 5 ahead of Bulgaria with 2 games left.

Not sure what the final score in the Wales v Russia match. Russia had just went 2-1 ahead in the last bit i watched.

Play-offs are gonna be extremely difficult by the looks of things though. Its so annoying how tough it is qualify in the European section.

Bobby Sands

Riquelme wont play because Maradona criticised him when he did pundit work

Why the others arent picked is a mystery and also Walter Samuel and Lucho Gonzalez

Bobby Sands

I read this on some Inter Milan blog. its Walter Samuel's rating from the 4-0 Milan derby win:

Samuel: I think everyone knows how I feel about Walter. The Wall was great today. He was the deep man in the pairing and he swept up loose ends and knocked some forwards around. He was just what the doctor ordered today. More time working with Lucio and these two could be frightening. By the way, is there a more intimidating pair of men in the stadium than these two? 7
He has been a regular in the Inter team since the second half of last season and has been excellent for them. He was injured alot before that.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
I didn't get to watch the match, but we were utter shit I heard. To the point where we looked like Armenia or something... very embarrassing. It's the biggest loss we ever had as a nation... Bilic really needs to get his shit straight, including our players.
It showed that we were missing Kovac, Corluka and Modric... but Belarus is my new friend, they drawed Ukraine ... So that means Ukraine has to win their 2 next matches, and we have to beat the Kazahks for sure.

Yay.

Also, I saw the lineup Bilic used... Mandzukic in right mid? Is he fucking mad? ... Pokrivac as a LB? sickening. Why didn't Klasnic start? Stop using the cocksucker Olic dammit.

Bobby Sands

^^they were awful. England played well it must be said but Croatia looked like a completely different team to the one that beat in Euro 2008 qualifiers. I only saw two of the England goals because i was flicking between different games. The first one was a penalty given away by Simunic. terrible penalty to concede. no need for it. The other i saw was Englands 5th goal. The goalkeeper sliced a routine backpass straight to Rooney for him to tap in. It was terrible from Croatia in the parts i saw.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
It's Simunic lol. He's known for being a retard, but a great defender on a good day.

I hope we get our heads out of our ass when we finish 2nd, if England is kind enough to not let Ukraine win lol.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.