How Far Have We Come?

Eric

Salar's thread inspired me to do this one.

I grew up on this board. That's not to say my life revolved around this, but it was a part of my life and still continues to be. I may not post much right now, but I still browse daily. As I type this, I realize why I don't post much right now. My life is so rich and full that I don't have the time to sit here and say anything worthwhile. Even now, at 2:15am, I'm feeling antsy. I've got a lot of thoughts, and I occasionally I have cool ideas for threads, but no patience to put it down in words. Enough on this, though. I was reading through my old threads and went off on a different tangent--how far have we come?

I just turned 25 a week ago. I started posting here when I was 17. I can't remember exactly what brought me here at that time. It was 2 homes ago, I was a failing high-school punk. I was in a bad environment. I was getting in trouble enough for all the kids in my neighborhood. I was grounded constantly. So I had a lot of free time. That time was spent listening to 2Pac and browsing the net. And I suppose that landed me here. I think between the ages of 16 and 21, 2Pac influenced a lot of my life. I studied him, admired, and imitated him, just as I'm sure most of you did. I'm over that phase of my life. 2Pac is nearly irrelevant in my life. Though his music is still a place of comfort when I need it. But I've become my own man. Yet, subconsciously, I notice I've developed certain characteristics and mannerisms from him. I don't mean to, but it's just become a part of me. And I'm fine with that because aside from the music, his thug image, and spots of immaturity, he was a great person and meant a lot to me growing up. One thing that I regret in that period of my life, is how much his music affected my attitude. I was bitter towards the world. I was very anti-establishment. And I felt the need to be emo. It was all a waste of time. That's only half the story, though.

I've gained a lot from the board. I don't know how my internet experience would have ever been without this place. I know nearly every person that has been here since the beginning feels the same. During high school and my early 20's, I'd spend countless hours on here at night. And not so much on the board, but talking to you people on IM (special shoutout to the MIRC days). I had nothing to do, my time was endless. I could be online from 11am to 7am, sleep until 1pm and there was no stress in life. I miss those days, and in some regards, that was a great period for me. It was fun. Yet, it's a period where me in my personal life was going no where, and that's where this thread is going. That's bittersweet to me.

I've gained a lot of internet friends from here. Some are still here and some I'll never hear from again. I say internet friends because that's all it will ever be and I expect no more from it. And that's fine because I'm sure it's mutual. I enjoy talking to those people online. I've had some of the best conversations of my life with these internet friends. There are definitely a handful of people that I'd certainly love to further relationships with. Rukas and SicC are clearly two people I'd love to meet. We have conflicting schedules so I never get the chance to talk to either of you online, but we will always have a bond for some reason. I know that you two are like brothers. But you guys are my brothers. You are my comfort zone on here. We have been here forever through thick and thin. I'll always have your backs and I appreciate you guys always watching mine as well. Let that be the truest shit I've ever said on here. Synful, I just want to have a cup of coffee with you. I want to hear everything you have to say. Your personality is food for my soul. Sofi, we would be good party buddies. It would be easy if we randomly met at some party. I think it would be weird if we planned a meeting. Keco, you continue to be my bittersweetie. You are eye candy. You have a thousand flaws. You're flaws are cute though (?). You're a headache. You're only a headache though because I expect more than you can ever give. I like to think I know you better than anyone on here. Perhaps I am wrong, but I admire 100% of the things I know about you. I've crossed the line with you more than you should've ever dealt with. I've accepted that we'll never meet, but I hope we always stay friends through the phone or in text.

I've even gained real life friends from here. I'm good friends with Bino in real life. He is one of the funniest people I know and I think his humor was highly underrated during his time on here. No one (I repeat: no one) made me laugh more than him. I know a select few of you on here already knew this, but let me officially say it finally. Bino was Uncle Traz. And I KNOW more than half the board thought Uncle Traz was the funniest thing to ever happen.

So on to the point of this thread...

After looking back on all the people that have been here since the beginning OR even the people that have been here for a few years, how far have you come along in your personal life?

I notice there are people that have been here forever that just don't post as much anymore. Chronic, how's your life going? Are you successful now? Preach? Duke? Salar? How is everyone doing? How well are your lives going?

Personally, I'm doing the best I've ever done in my life financially. I bust my tail week in and week out. I'm a business man in charge of a 1,500,000.00 store. I'm learning so much about business and finance. I'm a boss. I continue to move up on the latter of my business. I've got so many things to talk about business-wise. But I wanna know how far yall have come!!!

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
since i joined the forum 2 years ago lol i havnt changed much except maybe in the last four months where my life isnt all about drinking any more. i hold a full time job that i enjoy. i am involved in somewhat of a more mature relationship then iv ever been.

i too have a lot of internet friends from here, a few im closer with that others. i used to talk to SicC alot but he isnt around as much, same with rukas but we used to talk a fair bit. guys like DP and sebastain i talk to alot. i used to talk to preach but hes always away. honorable mentiuons: hizzle my dick cutting cutting buddy. mafia mafia, meyer and urself eric

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
You might be right about Wiz Khalifa. All he needs is a good remix of the song by time summer officially hits, and by that I of course mean a killer feature by Lil Wayne.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Salar's thread inspired me to do this one.

I grew up on this board. That's not to say my life revolved around this, but it was a part of my life and still continues to be. I may not post much right now, but I still browse daily. As I type this, I realize why I don't post much right now. My life is so rich and full that I don't have the time to sit here and say anything worthwhile. Even now, at 2:15am, I'm feeling antsy. I've got a lot of thoughts, and I occasionally I have cool ideas for threads, but no patience to put it down in words. Enough on this, though. I was reading through my old threads and went off on a different tangent--how far have we come?

I just turned 25 a week ago. I started posting here when I was 17. I can't remember exactly what brought me here at that time. It was 2 homes ago, I was a failing high-school punk. I was in a bad environment. I was getting in trouble enough for all the kids in my neighborhood. I was grounded constantly. So I had a lot of free time. That time was spent listening to 2Pac and browsing the net. And I suppose that landed me here. I think between the ages of 16 and 21, 2Pac influenced a lot of my life. I studied him, admired, and imitated him, just as I'm sure most of you did. I'm over that phase of my life. 2Pac is nearly irrelevant in my life. Though his music is still a place of comfort when I need it. But I've become my own man. Yet, subconsciously, I notice I've developed certain characteristics and mannerisms from him. I don't mean to, but it's just become a part of me. And I'm fine with that because aside from the music, his thug image, and spots of immaturity, he was a great person and meant a lot to me growing up. One thing that I regret in that period of my life, is how much his music affected my attitude. I was bitter towards the world. I was very anti-establishment. And I felt the need to be emo. It was all a waste of time. That's only half the story, though.

I've gained a lot from the board. I don't know how my internet experience would have ever been without this place. I know nearly every person that has been here since the beginning feels the same. During high school and my early 20's, I'd spend countless hours on here at night. And not so much on the board, but talking to you people on IM (special shoutout to the MIRC days). I had nothing to do, my time was endless. I could be online from 11am to 7am, sleep until 1pm and there was no stress in life. I miss those days, and in some regards, that was a great period for me. It was fun. Yet, it's a period where me in my personal life was going no where, and that's where this thread is going. That's bittersweet to me.

I've gained a lot of internet friends from here. Some are still here and some I'll never hear from again. I say internet friends because that's all it will ever be and I expect no more from it. And that's fine because I'm sure it's mutual. I enjoy talking to those people online. I've had some of the best conversations of my life with these internet friends. There are definitely a handful of people that I'd certainly love to further relationships with. Rukas and SicC are clearly two people I'd love to meet. We have conflicting schedules so I never get the chance to talk to either of you online, but we will always have a bond for some reason. I know that you two are like brothers. But you guys are my brothers. You are my comfort zone on here. We have been here forever through thick and thin. I'll always have your backs and I appreciate you guys always watching mine as well. Let that be the truest shit I've ever said on here. Synful, I just want to have a cup of coffee with you. I want to hear everything you have to say. Your personality is food for my soul. Sofi, we would be good party buddies. It would be easy if we randomly met at some party. I think it would be weird if we planned a meeting. Keco, you continue to be my bittersweetie. You are eye candy. You have a thousand flaws. You're flaws are cute though (?). You're a headache. You're only a headache though because I expect more than you can ever give. I like to think I know you better than anyone on here. Perhaps I am wrong, but I admire 100% of the things I know about you. I've crossed the line with you more than you should've ever dealt with. I've accepted that we'll never meet, but I hope we always stay friends through the phone or in text.

I've even gained real life friends from here. I'm good friends with Bino in real life. He is one of the funniest people I know and I think his humor was highly underrated during his time on here. No one (I repeat: no one) made me laugh more than him. I know a select few of you on here already knew this, but let me officially say it finally. Bino was Uncle Traz. And I KNOW more than half the board thought Uncle Traz was the funniest thing to ever happen.

So on to the point of this thread...

After looking back on all the people that have been here since the beginning OR even the people that have been here for a few years, how far have you come along in your personal life?

I notice there are people that have been here forever that just don't post as much anymore. Chronic, how's your life going? Are you successful now? Preach? Duke? Salar? How is everyone doing? How well are your lives going?

Personally, I'm doing the best I've ever done in my life financially. I bust my tail week in and week out. I'm a business man in charge of a 1,500,000.00 store. I'm learning so much about business and finance. I'm a boss. I continue to move up on the latter of my business. I've got so many things to talk about business-wise. But I wanna know how far yall have come!!!
Thanks for the post man. Im currently packing so cant get into an in depth reply but when I get back home next week I'll post something because obviously this board has impacted my life a lot.

You are one of my favorite people on here though, you and SicC, and its a shame we never got to meet up in the past. Next year though....

Real talk though, this thread was a reply to my saying you wouldnt be nominated this year wasnt it ;). :p

Sebastian

I guess im still posting as much as i used to a few years back. Cant really see why and how it should change in the next couple of months.

I also took some time to look at some of my old threads from back in 05/06. Crazy stuff.

Casey

Staff member
If you told the 2000 me that signed up on this forum where I'd be 8 years later, he probably wouldn't believe it. I've accomplished so much since then......and I have what the 2000 me was looking for.

Trouble is, the 2008 me is looking for something else now. I'm blessed and cursed in the sense that I can never stop. I always need to keep pushing forward and achieving more. I want to do everything. I want to see everything. But I want to do it on my own terms.

How does this relate to the board? Well, obviously I'm around here a lot less than I used to be. I don't seem to interact with the people here, outside of the board as much. There's people on my instant messagers that I see online everyday....but we don't speak anymore. I guess because we're all busy in our real lives. We're all trying to find something...and working hard in hopes of finding it.

You know, in some ways, me making that Tupac documentary was closure, to years of being an obsessive fan. After kicking it with people like Johnny and QD, and based on what I've achieved so far as an artist moving units on a major-label, we talked as peers, as music-industry comrades (outside of the actual interviews of course, which had a strict purpose). So, in that way, I'm inspired to do things on that level now and to break bread with people in their position. And hell, that's what I've been doing and will continue to do.

That part is relevant because most of us are here due to 'Pac. But most of us OG's have graduated from being teenage idolizers to being our own person(s), making a difference to the world in our own way, and on our own terms.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Good post Eric. I liked reading that.

I guess with pac...my life hasn't really changed all that much. i came to the board just randomly browsing the net in search for pac shit...and what turned into just listening to pac soon turned into a hobby...and that hobby has turned into more than that. it has turned into a lifestyle. collecting 2pac cd's, producing music, building a career. i thank streethop for helping me to go into this direction because back when i was in highschool i really didn't know what i was good at or what i could do for the rest of my life... how little did i know that music was something that i really enjoyed. when i was a kid and my mom was pregnant with my sister i used luv watching polka time (does anyone rememebr that show on pbs?)...how the hell did i ever forget that music was made for me? i use music as a way to express myself when im making it or just listening to it and im really glad that streethop helped me find my way.

as for my progression in life, i have come along way but i still have so far to go....like pac said. i graduated from higschoool in 2005. for the first time in my life that year i made it on the honoroll. then the same year i attended a community college and upgraded my marks for the prerequisites i needed to be able to take better courses in college. after about 1.5 years of going to school, i then applied for an I.T. program which i am currently in. if i do well, i will receive certification in information technology in December of 2008. i do plan on doing a diploma in IT (minimum) or a degree, but if not i still want to finish 4 years of school either way in english and music and IT. a degree would mean a lot, but 4 years of school is just as good to me as a degree..for now..

as for my music career, im producing on a few albums right now...and yeah it will be good shit. i look at myself as an innovator. i want to bring back the way music was, not like this the way it is right now...im using pac/deathrow as inspiration to get artists and use harder beats, more expensive sounding beats, and to get rappers and singers out. thats my plan. the way 2pac intended it. i like his idea and i want to do the same thing..so if u ever buy an album or see something with my name on it you should buy it because its that deathrow 2pac sound that you are looking for. quality is much more important to me than quantity so don't u ever forget that when u buy any of the songs that i put out.

now im 21 years old, its 303am and yeah i hope im here for a long ass time. it seems to me though that streethop is a place to get away, a place where when people are down, they know that this is the place that wont turned them away...unless your like dilla getting banned every week haha....

but i hope im here for a long time...i started out coming here because there was nothing to do, but then i started looking at streethop like theres always something to do here. this is more then just an internet forum. its more than that. i wish we could turn it into something more. maybe in the future. i like the people i work with on streethop, rukas, sicc even tho u arent as much online, pittsey i dont know where u r but where's the hell are my cd's and shit man? Zimbabwe gets on my nerves with the stuff he says..but hey..hes still doing work on streethop...hes still contributing...and so is sandeep....

what i miss most about streethop from time to time is the people.....theres always new and different ppl coming and going...and thats why i wish we can do something with streethop to make it stay, as if everyone is still with us...something bigger. streethop is more then a domain name. its much more than that...to me. and thats why i wish that we could preserve the name..even more so that no one ever forgets streethop. ever.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Great thread Eric. Eric and Traz I thought was the funniest thing back in the day. The threads they produced were pure comedy.

I joined this site, I believe in 2000 or something, lost the internet for awhile then came back in 2001. I was about 14 at the time and basically listened to Tupac 24/7 :laugh: I ended up coming by searching for lyrics for HitEmUp. Although I'm not the most in depth poster right now, I did post alot back in 2004 or so..I used to be on this at like 4am talking to the Australians like Belle.

Although I do not talk to anyone from this board now, I used to talk quite abit to Crittaz/Fifthcharm/Belle/Sigh (all offline messages however)/Chronic every now and again and some others..Thug angel/Thug Passion..I dont talk to any of them now either..so since 2001 to now, Ive basically become less active on the internet, conversations on here have become non existant. So this probably why I show pretty much no personality on this board, however it seems its just this board though...Although the members on here are alot better than other boards, I just dont interact with them.

The Yahoo chats were pretty funnythough I remember, but no-one goes on yahoo now.

Da_Funk

I guess I'm kinda different than some of you. I have no friends from this board and I've never really posted a lot, mostly b/c real life is busy and I can't stand to sit at a computer for a long time. I started browsing here when I was 14 (I randomly stumbled upon this site while looking up shit for tupac). Like you when I came here I was a failing high school punk, Pac influenced me a lot from the ages 13-15. After that I kinda grew outta my pac phase but his music still has a place in my heart and always will. Now i'm 18 and studying geology in university, working a part time job and partying the fuck on the weekends. Lifes good :thumb:

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I signed up on tupacboard because my group and I were making a music video for school (2pac's Never be peace) and wanted to know if I could strip the vocals from the beat cause we couldn't have cuss words in it. Well, I found out I couldn't do that. People were helpful then, now I'd just get smart ass replies if I was a newb, and I'd be one of the guys posting a smart ass reply. Ahh.

In 11th grade, for another project, I made a rap song about Anne Frank to 2pac's Thugz Mansion beat. I posted my verse here for tips. I regret not saving the verse, or the song, or making a copy of the CD I submitted to my teacher. Sometimes I get the urge to call up the teacher and ask for it back cause my flow was hot. Maybe someone remembers reading it. I don't know which username I had at that time.

Since I joined 5 years ago, I've gone from sucking dick for cheeseburgers, to sucking dick for caviar.

Thanks.
Its 6 years ago, idiot.
oh you guys are so funny... i love you goiys.....

when i joined my junior year of high school i was scared i wasnt gonna get into college with my grades and that i wasnt out and about partying on weekends like my "friends" were ... i still dontk now who are my "friends" when i come home from school for the breaks, but i feel i only come back because i have to... i guess i learned how to put myself on the edge a bit more with people which i learned in college, and making friends has to be the easiest shit for me now.. kinda... but that was always one fear for me earlier.... i thought i'd end up being lonely like bachaveli, bitching at people on the internet (fuck you bach) because i was really just an angry person inside.. that (you're an asshole bach) changed and im glad...

now, my concern is if pre-med is right for (bach you jew, i hope you die) me... before it was just getting in somewhere and now (bach you are a fucking nigger, i just had to let you know) it's "do i really enjoy science and shit this much?" i dunno... we'll see... anyone a master at organic chemistry?? i heard acing this class will make up for a lackluster first year...

PuffnScruff

oh you guys are so funny... i love you goiys.....

when i joined my junior year of high school i was scared i wasnt gonna get into college with my grades and that i wasnt out and about partying on weekends like my "friends" were ... i still dontk now who are my "friends" when i come home from school for the breaks, but i feel i only come back because i have to... i guess i learned how to put myself on the edge a bit more with people which i learned in college, and making friends has to be the easiest shit for me now.. kinda... but that was always one fear for me earlier.... i thought i'd end up being lonely like bachaveli, bitching at people on the internet (fuck you bach) because i was really just an angry person inside.. that (you're an asshole bach) changed and im glad...

now, my concern is if pre-med is right for (bach you jew, i hope you die) me... before it was just getting in somewhere and now (bach you are a fucking nigger, i just had to let you know) it's "do i really enjoy science and shit this much?" i dunno... we'll see... anyone a master at organic chemistry?? i heard acing this class will make up for a lackluster first year...
i feel like banning you

Euphanasia

This is the best thread I've read in awhile.

I joined in the Fall of 2002 at 20 years old. I was going to college away from home, working a few hours a week in a shitty cafeteria. I was enthralled by Tupac, infatuated.

I was downloading everything, analyzing lyrics, watching videos, reading interviews, talking to everyone I could about him. I don't do that anymore, but Tupac changed my life forever, and in a very positive way. He embodied most everything that interested me. As a child I would watch Roots, Road to Freedom, Vernon Johns Story...movies that depicted slavery, segregation, discrimination.

It infuriated me that people could think they were better than others because of skin color. In high school I developed a great interest in writing and loved Shakespeare. But Shakespeare wasn't too real to me: it was a much older language, distant, I couldn't relate to it much.

Then I heard Tupac. Here was great writing, powerful lyrics and also depicting the pain of racism that I had been watching all my life on television. And furthermore, I could relate to his pain. I wasn't happy with life and his cries for help, pleas for intervention resonated with me quite strongly.

Tupac's message and lyrics are with me everyday. I constantly find myself repeating his lines, lyrics in my head, adapting them to my situations, experiences.

I love this board. I think it's great that people here can have their own little online community. It's a nice escape from the real world. I've graduated college now, i'm looking for a better job. I have fun with friends on weekends, quit smoking, but i still drink more than i should. I expect the drinking will eventually fade as I get older.

One thing i definitely have to stop doing is getting hammered at the bar, coming home and getting on Streethop when I'm in no condition to do anything.

Because then I log in the next day and I see that I made a post and didn't remember it.

So overall, some things have changed, some haven't. But it's still Makaveli 4 Life. That will always be part of me.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.