How Far Have We Come?

My finances are good, best they have ever been. My career is good too, I have just been offered the head chefs position at where I work. Plus I have good contacts/connects in my line of business if I ever need them. I have come a long way in my career and it has paid off. I still have a long way to go though. My time here has offered me the opportunity to engage in things unrelated to my work.

yeah, well, i've got box seats to a reds game next month

i guess that team isn't really anything to brag about :(
the closest that is to the greatest team on earth, the chicago cubs, is that dusty baker is managing there.... give him a slap in the upper lip for sucking as a manager... but reds games are fun... you'll see griffey.. and his replacement.. possibly his 600th as well

Duke

Staff member
Good thread. I can sort of relate to the stress-free setting you paint. When i first joined I was still comfortably in high school and had no worries. Things change, obviously. Meh.

This board was fucking ace at it's peak, though. :)

The.Menace

Staff member
paint. When i first joined I was still comfortably in high school
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I did join when I was 17 I think - mabye even 16..... and now I'm 25. You know. So, How Far Have We Come? A long way boy.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^You are the most inarticulate person on this board. Hopefully your thoughts run deeper than your posts. I'm not trying to offend although I just did but damn, sometimes elaborate man, show us that your brain didn't stop functioning due to weed.

Synful*Luv

Staff member
Hmm, I started posting 09/11/03 which means i was 17 and just starting my freshman year of college. I found the site from a friend who used to post on here and she quit. I posted a lot back then because I was at a campus where I felt alone although I was constantly surrounded by people.. They were cool but we had nothing in common really, silly ass suburban rich girls who wanted to party and skip class. No thanks.

Things were great with the exposes and late night neverending threads until some pissed off mod closed it. Man, I remember being up talking to Froggie, SiGh Artistic Girl and others on Y Pool and MSN or AIM until like 3AM CST.

Things died down and have maybe picked back up again? I don't know.

Currently, i've finished my degree and i'm going back for a second one. I work at an awesome international company and i'm trying to get transferred to their office in Madrid ASAP. I'm fluent in Spanish, learning French and actually have a job in my chosen career field, International Business. Things are awesome, a healthy relationship. My dog no longer goes potty on the floor and unfortunately I don't post as much anymore. But with my personal life being so full it's hard to find time.

P.S.
We should all meet up somewhere now that we're all adults. I propose the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo. I shall be yours guides.

well i think he means you should pay lol. i could use a vacation too, also looking for a good honeymoon spot for me and the soon to be missus. the DR sounds nice :D

Synful*Luv

Staff member
well i think he means you should pay lol. i could use a vacation too, also looking for a good honeymoon spot for me and the soon to be missus. the DR sounds nice :D
Me thinks the same, only he didn't say it so... too late!!

OMG engaged?! Congrats!!!!! Send me a PM tell me how you asked her. I remember you were asking for ideas a while back. The DR is gorgeous, white sand and clear waters. Don't do Santo Domingo for a honeymoon though, check out Sauza or Puerto Plata.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.