How Far Have We Come?

well i was only half serious about the honeymoon thing, we haven't even really thought about that yet. but i've always wanted to go to the caribbean.

Salar

The One, The Only
Multiple times have I tried to reply to this thread but I’ve been distracted.

I don’t know what it is about this forum.. it’s as if I know everybody.. it’s as if we all grew up together. I liked pac and the only reason I joined was to ask if Pac and Xzibit had beef.. never intended on staying but the moments got more fun.
My activity in do for love and don’t stop the music was the most notable. I remember I’d go out, get fucked up, come home and sit behind the computer and tell the stories of my nights. Though I act like an arrogant prick you have to understand that this is the internet.. everybody has their internet persona… I loved the fact that some people *cough keco *cough took me seriously.
Anyway, there’s a few people that made my experience on here so much better.
Ruk..he came to Melbourne.. we got wasted.. he locked me out.. I came to Adelaide.. got wasted and pyked out.. and hopefully you’ll come to gold coast next weekend.. we’ll get wasted at elsewhere and god knows where the night takes us (ps. Hope you like your drugs ). Also.. here’s an idea.. fly into goldcoast from Adelaide.. but fly out of Brisbane.. and spend Saturday night with us in Brisbane!
Amara: she’s a cool chick.. a really really cool chick. I don’t need to say much but she was truly a cool cool chick
Belle: kind and nice..
Katie: I can’t remember much but I remember really getting along with ya
Millitant: u and I were good mates because our music was not limited to hiphop… I believe you can tell a lot from a person by the music they listen to..and I think that’s why we got along so well
Eric: whether it be him posting stories from digg every 2 seconds or just entertaining us with his stories.. always great value
BeReal, illmatic, 7syns, jabber, mark (canadian dude I met in syd, can’t remember his user name), chronic, vanilla.. were all part of my life as I grew up. (and apologies for forgetting to mention anybody, but honestly u know who u are)
Even Keco, dude.. I hope u know I’m just trying to stir u up whenever I’m talking to ya.. there’s no hard feelings at all on my behalf..

Though I’m not here that often anymore, I still come back every once and a while.. just to see whats up.. and everytime I come in, it’s as if I never left…

I do hope I see you guys sometime. Whether it be in Aus or when I’m overseas… it’ll be great to catch up and have a drink.. whenever ur in aus.. remember my house is your house..

AmerikazMost

Heh, it's funny how much I related to your post, Eric. I guess one of my biggest regrets concerning this board was not taking the time to talk to people on messengers, get to know them more personally. I still think I made some good internet friends though.

Like you, I still browse daily but don't post as much. I guess it's a combination of having less time to contribute and also being less interested in many of the topics. Both WoW and Sports are seriously lacking in conversation, and those would be the two that draw me the most. This is the first thread I've read in Our Block in a LONG time, and that used to be my forum of choice.

There a lot of guys I'd like to stay in touch with. Although I think SOFI is a little more bachelor-ish than me, I feel like I relate to him a lot. He's a guy I can talk to on my level -- have intelligent conversations without getting too intellectual. Puff is a good guy, though his politics are messed up and he's much more well-read than me, so sometimes I have to play catch-up to talk to him. Sebastian, dook, Thuggie...all guys who seem real cool but I never really communicated with. There are countless others who I regrettably don't talk much to anymore.

As far as where I'm at in my life, I'm in a real good place. I'm at the university I've wanted to go to since I was 6--and I'm rocking it. Right now I'm focusing on getting into law school, and based off my prep tests, I'm likely to get numbers that will land me in a top-10 school. I'm going strong with a girl I love, and I can really see it lasting--which is saying a lot coming from me.

Now if only Ty Lawson would come back to school for my senior year...

keco52

Staff member
Even Keco, dude.. I hope u know I’m just trying to stir u up whenever I’m talking to ya.. there’s no hard feelings at all on my behalf..
I am so totally clueless as to why you always bring me up. I really don't even remember talking to you much...ever. So, there's obviously no hard feelings on my part either and I never took anything you said seriously.

Salar

The One, The Only
Oh fuck.. totally forgot about u Amerkazmost.. and puff... and duke.. and SOFI..
fuckin hell.. there's more and more!
hahaha

_carmi

me, myself & us
I joined when I was 16. Back then I joined cause of a friend and stayed cause of the arcades (lol...) but I don't know why, I sticked here. I'm not of a discussion board people, I'm more a leecher but I stayed here. I used to make useless posts (still do) and I used to speak a bit to some of the people here on AIM/Yahoo and play Yahoo Pool. But I am less and less on internet nowadays. I got a full time job, I'm going to university next year, I moved in with my boyfriend. I'm so much more than what I used to be. Back then life was so easy, no responsibilities, I didn't give a fuck about anything. Now I care about everything and it pisses me off. But I've grown up. I guess that's part of it.

My career is not started, I'm 19 and right in the middle of my studies. I am not even near to graduate as I'm only beginning by university studies this fall. But I work full time, fully independent. I pay my own food, I pay my own cell, I pay my own rent. I don't owe anybody anything. I got where I am because of perseverance.

But I still come here and post whenever I have the time. I don't come daily, but I come weekly, maybe 2-3 times a week, sometimes more when I have the time.

The board is obviously not what it used to be, somehow it has a hard time reinventing itself, reinventing its community. I guess the problem is we've been on this board for so long that we have a hard time letting outsiders get in and make their place as if this board is our place.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.