Need advice about lifestyle advice

ARon

Good start. I'm in two soccer leagues and a basketball league at the moment. Once you get going be sure not to use the sports as a workout though. In my case I workout so I can perform better in those sports. It makes no sense to think that just playing will be that beneficial. I know our goals aren't the same so this will work for you for now but in the future just remember that.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Got an arm strap for my phone for running. I now look super dorky....! But I can plot my runs and listen to tunes without it bumping around my pocket.

Preach

Yeah the squash and volleyball thing is just because I have no friends that'll go with me to push weights, but one of them plays volleyball, and another plays squash lol. Next time we're three or four of us going to play squash, so it's partially for the social aspect. I'm gonna start with one individual workout per week, and it'll be like an actual workout. Not sure what excercises to do yet but I think I'll just ask at the gym if they can't give a few pointers for a 1-day program.

That in turn isn't something I wanna keep doing for months and years, it's just to feel it out. When I start feeling like this isn't enough or I want more, I'll step it up gradually.

Historically I've started working out 3-4 times a week, but I fall off after not long. It's just too much for me and I'm too lazy of a person. I don't know why I started out hard like that, maybe to feel like more of a man or cause I thought it was the only way to go lol, who knows. This time around it feels like I'm driving the shit forward myself. I'm looking forward to the next excercise, if you know what I mean. Maybe that's a given, but it's a new feeling for me so I don't wanna push myself so hard I lose it :p If that makes any sense. If you remember my thread in Our Block you remember (and Da_Funk will back me up on this) I'm pathetic :x

edit: Btw. the part about pushing yourself till your muscles fail. Duly noted. I'll just try and think about people/things that piss me off. :D

Preach

Volleyball today. It's fucking awesome how I'm already in marginally better shape. In the beginning, a volleyball workout drained me. Now it's child's play after just a few weeks of trying to be more physically active. And I'm getting better at volleyball too :)

Dunno if I mentioned this earlier in the thread but another thing I'm doing is walking to and from work. No biggie, but that + the volleyball is actually working at my current level lol. Can't wait for another workout later in the week :)

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I don't agree. A 4 week work out plan will show little results and he will get discouraged.

He needs to lay a foundation and do a 5x5 powerlifting regime. I wish someone had told me that when I started, actually they did, but I didn't listen. I'm about to start a 12 week power lifting plan myself.

A strong core will add mass, and burn fat. Once he has that, he can focus on individual bodyparts. I garantee you if you tell him to make a 4 week plan on his own he'll focus on chest and arms and do little to no squats or core work.

Trust me dude, I can get you powerful in 12 weeks with 45 mins in the gym 3 times a week. Simple full body compound lifts.
Im on my 5th week.

Best thing Ive ever done in the gym. Putting 5kg onto every lift a week. (2.5 every second day) for reps of 5x5. Getting stronger and bigger everywhere. Put on 3 to 4kg of muscle. Easiest work outs ever, 30 mins tops.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Two routines.

a.
Squats, 5x5
Military Press 5x5
Deadlift 5x5

b.
Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
Bent over rows 5x5

Rotate a and b every second day. So this week I did a on Sunday, will do b on Tuesday, and a on Thursday again. Next Sunday will be b, next Tuesday a, next Thursday b.

Start with something you can comfortably do 5x5 with (it's not meant to be to fail), and then add 2.5kg (5lbs) to each lift every session. Your lifts will keep going up and you'll keep getting stronger and with strength comes size.

Im going to keep doing it until I can 5x5 over 1.5 my body weight on each lift.

It's all compounds, so it gets your testosterone pumping like crazy. Ive got a hard on 24/7 and a couple back pimples like I was 18 again.

Once you're strong, you've got the core strength to support HEAVY isolation exercises.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I do 5 mins of cardio before a work out, then a do some squats with no weight, like 20, to get my knees oiled in the morning. I dont really stretch, I find doing squats warms my body up to then do the rest.

I dont do cardio, this burns fat. Do it all in 30 mins and I dont personally think you need cardio on top of it, it's all compound, you'll burn fat, but if you want, yeah, do it a couple times a week on off days.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
You will need to count calories and be 500 below maintenance if you want to burn fat. It will come off even without cardio. Go above maintenance to put on weight if you want to bulk. Keep it at maintenance and you'll stay the same weight but lose the belly.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.