Need advice about lifestyle advice

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
If you do yoga make sure you get about 500 grams high-quality protein afterwards.
500grams of protein? Or 500grams of a protein source like chicken or beef? Because 500grams of protein is more than anyone needs in a day even when bodybuilding.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
500grams of protein? Or 500grams of a protein source like chicken or beef? Because 500grams of protein is more than anyone needs in a day even when bodybuilding.
I think it must have been a joke. I am not sure if I got it or not.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I dont really warm up for deadlifts at all because you're probably already warm from squats and military press before hand.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I am training for a Marathon. I found out that a 7 mile run uses up 900 calories. Which is a bummer. Will I have to eat those 900 calories, or will my metabolism change? I am skinny enough already. After the 26 miles I am going to be nothing.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
yep. 5 pounds. 10 on deadlifts. but i do 1 set on those (after the initial two warm up sets).
Ive added 3x10 bicep curls on Military Press day, after deadlifts, and added weighted dips on chest day, after bent over rows.

Weighted dips are HARD. Chest felt like it was being town apart.

Awesome.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Eat a Big Mac and you'll get double the 900 calories.
I already eat as much as I can. And mainly concentrate on quality of food as well, a Big Mac doesn't meet that Criteria. Although I will partake in some Maccy Ds every now and then. But can't everytime I run. I will try and stick in an extra protein shake.... But feel less hungry after running.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I already eat as much as I can. And mainly concentrate on quality of food as well, a Big Mac doesn't meet that Criteria. Although I will partake in some Maccy Ds every now and then. But can't everytime I run. I will try and stick in an extra protein shake.... But feel less hungry after running.
I was joking. Fuck McDonalds. But what I meant was dont stress you can get 900 calories EASY even eating 100% clean.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Hows the routine going?
I'm finishing up my 7th week today. I feel stronger. I like the workouts. I don't think I gained any weight/muscle though. That's what the scale indicates, anyway. Not sure about body fat % since I didn't measure that. I think I don't eat enough and I didn't want to use any supplements like protein shakes and stuff. Also, it's getting hard as fuck now, I'm hitting limits lol.

I was going to ask actually, what's the plan after the 12 weeks? Continue? Do more traditional stuff type workouts?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Its up to you man. Ive gone a more traditional split just to change it up for my body. But it is up to you. I kind of kept the core there and just added to it.

What I mean is, Ill still squat 5x5 for every work out, but chest Ill do 3x 8-10, then do incline, flies, etc. So Ive just added to it, while keeping the basics because I liked them. But then ull get tons of people saying im doing it wrong so at the end of the day it is up to you.

Ive actually got a day off doing anything today so going to the gym to smash out squats, deadlifts and bentovers just for fun.

But man, you have to EAT. Seriously, without a calorie surplus you will not gain muscle and eventually hit plataues. Go eat more whole grains and complex carbs and more protiens.

Also, nothing wrong with a protein supplement at all just for a little something extra. But, MORE FOOD = MORE SIZE.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, i know. it's hard for me to eat more. i don't like feeling stuffed (no homo) and being in a food coma. also, protein shakes make me all super gassy. that's complicated when you work in close quarter 9 hours a day. lol

and no, my abs aren't out lol. my stomach is pretty flat but no six pack lol.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
yeah, i know. it's hard for me to eat more. i don't like feeling stuffed (no homo) and being in a food coma. also, protein shakes make me all super gassy. that's complicated when you work in close quarter 9 hours a day. lol

and no, my abs aren't out lol. my stomach is pretty flat but no six pack lol.
Do you have your protein shakes with milk? I find the milk fucks with my stomach so use water. Also, some brands bloat me and give me gas too, for a similar reason; they contain milk protein.

ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein does not give me any of these issues, try it.

Food coma is caused by excess carbs. Cut out the bread and pasta and anything white. Stick to complex carbs early in the day, like oats or brown pasta, and after 4pm the only carbs you should eat are in green vegetables.

Just start eating more chicken and brocolli.

Not only will you put on size, but depending on your current diet, you might even shred up and pop your abs out.

But not even steroids will let you put on size if you dont EAT! You dont build muscle in the gym. You build muscle in the kitchen and in your sleep.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.