This is my thread

Da_Funk

I don't get it either tbh.

I have grown peppers from the seeds and potatoes from the sprouts so they cost nothing (also got killed off by green fly) so I am unsure how it works out cheaper as well.

I know lots of people who keep chickens and ducks for the eggs, but again there is the cost of feeding them too
As someone who has grown veggies in the past, you have to do it because you enjoy it, not to save money.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I'm seeing more and more celebs get in to the alcohol game. Rukas included.

Until recently, I just knew Diddy's affiliation with Ciroc. Was he part owner? The face of the product? I don't know. I tried it in 2008 with a group of friends and we liked it but...we were also 19 years old and didn't know Smirnoff from Aristocrat from Grey Goose.

50 Cent had Effen vodka. Not sure if he's still affiliated with them, but I follow him on IG and he heavily promotes his cognac with hash tags and such.

Shannon Sharpe, ex-NFLer, has his own podcast that's pretty damn successful. He has a bottle of his cognac on the table which he sips on and offers to his guest as well.

The Rock has tequila, I think? He has other stuff too, like a men's skincare line, a sugar free energy drink, etc.

James May has his own gin, possibly making it himself? Or having a hand in making it. Something like that.

So have any of you tried and liked alcohol that has a celeb tied to it? I'm not talking about a brand ambassador that simply pops up in an ad for 5 seconds for a few million bucks and fucks off. I'm talking about products, specifically alcohol, that you tried and liked and, maybe, continue to purchase by the bottle or at the bar.

Spare me the speech on ads and media and influencers. I'm at the point now where I'm pretty sure Google Ads and other ad agencies know me better than myself. They've turned us humans into 0's and 1's and crunched the data and know what we want or would like.

I'm interested in trying all the stuff I mentioned above. I'm not a big drinker but I am at least curious. All I've tried is Ciroc, and Diddy...well..Diddy.

A few months back, I did try The Rock's body wash (only at Target!) which was called Papatui. It was OK. It was less product for a little more money and I decided the artificial smell of Old Spice was just fine for me once I finished the bottle.

And then, aside from alcohol, any other products that allegedly were developed in conjunction with icons of an industry that you've tried and liked?

I have yet to see a Mr Beast video but had seen ads and some YTers mention his chocolate. So I bought one of those Feastables, or whatever they were called, and they were OK. Didn't buy em again but I tried most of the flavors and they were OK. The buzz around his chocolate was it had just a few ingredients in it, possibly nothing "artificial." Whatever. It was OK chocolate but I'm going back to buying Twix and Kit Kats like a fat.

Jokerman

Ryan Reynolds has a stake in Aviation Gin, and it's one of my gotos gin for cocktails, like gin & tonic. Dwayne Johnson's tequila is pretty good, as is George Striat's Codigo 1530 tequila. But neither is my favorite, so I've just tried them. Michael Jordan has a tequila but it costs a fortune and I never tried. LeBron's got a tequila too. I hear it's so-so. Matthew McConaughey has a decent bourbon I tried, but I'm not a big bourbon drinker. I tried Bruno Mars's Rum, not bad. Jason Derulo's got Bedlam Vodka, no thanks. Ciroc didn't impress me. My fav vodkas for cocktails are Belvedere, Grey Goose, and Absolut for their flavored vodkas. Favorite tequilas: Patron, Don Julios. Don't have a taste for Scotch or whiskey. More into wines now, but not as a wine snob. If I like the taste, it's a good wine, no matter how cheap or expensive or region grown or harvest year.

Chumlee from Pawn Stars has/had his own chocolate brand. I'm guessing it's just like any other merch, there are companies specializing in putting your name on generic material. That means Chumlee gets the piece of the pie so no thank you for me. I'll stick to Kit Kat as well. In other markets, they have countless flavors of Kit Kats, like banana or matcha. I never find these here. Makes me think that marketers here just don't care about enjoyment of consumers.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.